Friday, May 29, 2015

Wettest Water Day & Bridging Ceremony


Last Wednesday I was hit hard with a sinus infection. Probably the worst one I've ever had. It kept me in bed all day Wednesday and then Friday through Monday morning. Poor Remy spent a lot of time last week hanging out with Mommy in bed! She was a sweet little nurse to me. She entertained herself by taking selfies on my cell phone.









Last Thursday though I used every ounce of energy I had for a big day. Remy's school had water day and it was her last day of school! Then Rylie's Girl Scout troop had bridging ceremony!

So with the huge amount of activities we've had lately and me being sick, I didn't get to put together any "Pinterest-worthy" teacher gifts for Remy's sweet teachers ahead of time. Instead, I quickly put something together that morning!


Remy made some cards for them while I loaded her backpack and made breakfast. Sidenote-this was Remy's first time to "draw" an actual picture of something! Seeing her hand draw a deliberate item for the first time made me so happy!! Rylie was writing her name by this age, but Remy's not even been coloring in the lines yet so I've stressed about her being "behind." Glad to see some progress!!



And we stopped at Kroger on the way to school where Remy picked out flowers and I bought Starbucks giftcards for them!


(The funny, creepy potato-looking thing on the front of the cards is a "smily face" that Remy drew! Trust me, it's far from the random scribbles she's only done up until now! Working on her fine motor skills is a top priority for us this Summer!)

 I stayed with Remy's class for chapel, where she let me stay and actually sang along a little! Then it was water time!!


Remy had been looking forward to this day ALL WEEK!


She talked about it NON. STOP. 


She kept asking how many days left until water day and asked if she could splash there, then said "My Mimi won't let me splash in the baff tub." LOL 


We don't let her splash in the tub at home either! But I assured her she could splash all she wanted at water day!


She was in heaven the entire time!!



She ran from pool to pool to pool having fun!


After 30 minutes, the rain opened up!


It didn't phase the kids one bit though!


They kept playing and Remy loved it!


But after 10 minutes, it started coming down REALLY HARD.





And then thunder hit, so we quickly grabbed all the kids and rushed them inside. All the parents jumped in drying off kids and getting them dressed.

One parent brought donuts for the kids so we went ahead and gave them that to tie them over. Water time was supposed to be an hour and a half, so it was cut extremely short (not that the kids knew at this age). Then we just hung out in the classroom and played a little waiting for lunchtime. I had planned to be there for the entire water time then take Remy home after lunch and didn't bring her napmat. So it was pointless for me to leave and come right back in 30 minutes. After their pizza and popsicles we headed out to pickup cookies for sister's bridging and then home for a good nap!


That night we did a very low-key bridging for our 3 Daisies.

I put this together literally 30 minutes before the ceremony (again, I've been overwhelmed with all our activities and being sick). I was actually going to have this nice, wooden bridge a local florist has but the day I called to reserve it another local troop had just reserved it before my call for the same day and time. So I had to put something together.


My coleader made brownies and I picked up these adorable cookies!


The Brownie girls who bridged last year got certificates and membership star pins and the Daisies got their certificates, pins, and bridging awards.


Rylie was so ecstatic. She'd been so ready to be a Brownie with her fellow friends in the troop and was really "done" with the blue vest. lol


Our 3 Daisy....now Brownie cuties!

I'm so glad Rylie has this sweet group of Girl Scout friends to grow up with!


No comments: