Saturday, May 30, 2015

Memorial Weekend Painting

We had a kind of unique Memorial Day weekend in our house. First off, I spent the entire weekend sick in bed. The girls spent Saturday and Sunday at their Mimi's house. So David decided to paint our kitchen and dining room! We've lived in this house 7 years (exactly, actually yesterday was the date we closed!) and we still had builders-grade white walls everywhere! After 7 years and 2 kids they were looking pretty dingy! I'm so excited David got these 2 rooms done! We'll eventually have the entire interior painted, but we're doing it a little at a time. I've never lived in a home with painted walls before, honestly. I mean, a couple of the rooms like master bed and office were painted when they built the house, but none of the "living" areas. It just THRILLS me so much to have beautifully painted walls now!!! I can't stop smiling when I walk into my kitchen or past my dining room now! 


Here is our kitchen in 2010....the before




And the after! 

The after pictures are very dark because we've had nothing but rain the past month, so there is no "natural" light coming in, even at noon when these were taken!


2010

Now


2010

Now (and new kitchen table I got off craigslist last Fall)

 2010

Now


Kitchen when we first moved in, 2008!

Now



And the dining room!



When we moved in, 2008




And in 2010



And now!
I promise the color looks better in person than these photos. The green is actually darker in person! And I need to get new curtains. Our $5 red valances from walmart won't look as good with green walls. I'm thinking beige panels?



2010


Now


2010


Now


We didn't even tell the girls we were painting and surprised them when they got home Monday!

Remy was the first to notice and exclaimed "Oh! I like the new walls!" It was so cute. I think the next rooms on our list are master bedroom and master bathroom!



No comments: