Monday, March 23, 2015

Last Week and 7 Acre Woods

Last week was "rodeo" week at Remy's school and if you live in Houston, it's pretty much a holiday around here! Her school has picture day for it, special lunch, etc. She was just mostly excited to wear her red cowgirl boots a friend passed down to us!

I've never owned a pair of boots and I've never bought either of my girls any, but it was fun to have something to dress up in this year for rodeo week!

Wednesday night I went to a going-away-dinner for a MOPS friend. This is vain, but I had to take a photo of my hair because I'll never get this to work again and I loved it!


My friend Jen is moving to Chile next week! She's been in MOPS the past 3 years and started out at my table and has been on leadership with me the past 2 years.



There's so much change coming this Summer. I don't like change at all and I can feel when it's coming. I had this weird feeling thinking about this dinner and literally that day my church sent out a message that our Pastor of 7 years is leaving us in July. His wife is a Girl Scout leader with me and we've just been really involved with our little church, so it's a drastic change. He's our only Pastor and right now there's nobody picked to take his place, so I'm pretty worried about that. Hopefully it all works out ok!


Friday, Rylie had a school field trip so I missed MOPS (which was really just a rained out egg hunt this day!) and Remy and I tagged along. We went to 7 Acre Woods in Conroe. I'd never heard of it before and really didn't want to drive 45 minutes in the drizzling rain, but I knew Rylie really wanted us there with her. I'm lucky to be a stay at home mom who can do things like this, so I felt like I needed to take advantage of that and go.

Remy visited the animals with our neighbor, Ella (does Ella's shirt look familiar? We handed down a LOT of the girls' cute things to Ella and I love seeing them again.)


Cutest little goat LOL


Almost Harry Potter-like chess set


Finally Rylie's class  arrived and their first stop was putt-putt


Then the playground


Then the zip line

Which Rylie loved and didn't want to leave!


Then they had a picnic lunch and visited the petting zoo in the barn


Both girls LOVED this giant connect 4 game! We love playing it at home a lot too!

We left just as the rain picked up harder and got home in time for naps!! It was a super rainy Saturday, but we still pulled some weeds, planted new flower pots, and finally got the Easter decorations out! Oh and worked a cookie booth for 2 hours too lol. 

No comments: