Yesterday, Remy got to celebrate her birthday at school!!
She didn't go to school last week because it was her birthday Tuesday, then on Wednesday she had her first tummy bug. She threw up for the first time, and poor thing was scared to death of it! So she stayed home Thursday after a long night of little "sicks" and changing of the sheets over and over. She never had a fever and was fine all day Friday, thankfully.
So today was her delayed school celebration!
I thought it'd be a good idea to prepare her for today and told her before school she'd get to go on stage with Miss Beth and they'd sing "Happy Birthday" to her. Well, it made her nervous and drop off was horrible with her clinging to me saying "I scared of chapel." But when they brought her in, she was happy as can be!
She also thought what I said meant she could go up there with Miss Beth during the WHOLE chapel, not just the Happy Birthday part.
Her friend Conway (Miss Stefany's boy) also celebrated his birthday (his party post is coming up too)! He's the cutest little dude!
Sitting like a lady during chapel!
NOW it's time for Remy to go on stage! She wasn't shy at all and answered Miss Beth when she asked how old she is with a loud THREE!
Love her expressions!
She brought cookies for her class too, but I headed home after chapel so she wouldn't be upset again.
I also wanted to post some updates on Remy so I don't forget.......
- Height and weight check hasn't been done yet. Her 3 year checkup is in November when we switch insurances.
- Wears sz 3 clothes (and steals Rylie's nightgowns sometimes). Some 4's fit too.
- Size 9/9.5 shoes.
- Still not potty-trained. BUT she did go peepee on the potty just 2 nights ago! Progress!
- Can dress herself completely (she even changes her own pullup in the mornings sometimes).
- Is horrible to take in stores. She just unbuckles the straps in her stroller and slides on out and hides between the clothes on racks and runs off from us. Hopefully this stage is short-lived!
- Favorite foods are waffles, bananas, yogurt, raspberries, strawberries, PBJ sandwich, puffs, goldfish, chicken pot pie, pizza, chicken and ketchup, cheeseburger, mac n cheese, grilled cheese sandwich, suckers! Not a big fan of chocolate and her favorite ice cream is strawberry.
- Favorite things to play are dressup, strawberry shortcake dolls (holds them and does voices for each one with little dialogue), her new Frozen tea set, Frozen dolls, blocks (bristle and magnetic sets she has), looking at books pretending to read, and little pretend things like her kitchen and doll house. She also loves playing on sister's Leap Pad (hint: Santa).
- She is very picky about what she wants! She is also quick to change her mind! It drives us crazy. She'll ask for something, more like whine and insist on it, and once we hand it to her (ie cup of milk), she'll change her mind and want water. We go back and forth a lot with her and it's so annoying. lol
- She remembers more than we realize! When we went back to school shopping in Katy for Rylie, she remembered being out there and said "I go to birthday party there" and pointed to the street we turned on. When I took her to our mall for her birthday, she said "I see Lion King?" and remembered months ago we went and there was a Lion King poster inside. It wasn't even the same mall entrance we went in and she still remembered that was at this mall.
- She loves her sister more than anything! Every night, she has to give her hugs and kisses several times before bed. When we pick Rylie up from school in the afternoon, Remy right away asks "Did you have good day at school, Rylie?" All on her own. It's the sweetest thing.
- She is still scared of thunder, but doesn't scream because of it anymore.
- She's definitely attached to Mommy! She cannot go to bed without seeing Mommy and getting hugs every night. Sometimes I have to lay with her a minute (we're in the process of moving her to big-girl full size bed and that'll be nice to have for moments like this!)
That's all I can think of right now!