Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ash Wednesday

I meant to post this 2 weeks ago when it actually happened and forgot to upload the photo!


I just wanted to remember a sweet moment with Rylie on Ash Wednesday. Our family attended our church's service (the first for all of us to attend an Ash Wednesday service) and the 4 of us stood in line at the front of the church, waiting for our turn to receive the ashes. When it came time for us, the pastor put them on David, Remy, myself, and then Rylie. Then immediately, Rylie turned to me with such eagerness in her voice and said "Mommy, I want to pray." I was stunned for a second but quickly said  "Ok." She walked over to the altar with such confidence, got down on her knees, and bowed her head to her folded hands in front of her and prayed. David knelt down with her since I was holding Remy and when he finished, he stood up but Rylie was still praying. A minute later she finished, stood up and looked at me with the biggest smile. Not one other person stopped at the altar to pray during that service and Rylie's never asked to join anyone praying there during the Sunday services. It was a really sweet spiritual thing to witness in her and I had to hold back tears during the remainder of that Ash Wednesday sermon. Never want to forget it.

No comments: