Monday, January 13, 2014

Start of 2014, Melinda's Farewell, and My Birthday!

Tuesday, Jan 7 both girls started back at school. It was like 20-something degrees that day too! Remy looked so cute bundled up before we headed out.


Thur, Jan 9 was my 28th birthday! There was a beautiful, full rainbow outside our kitchen window that morning. I spent the day running errands while the girls were in school, lunch at Panera, and then Girl Scouts meeting that night! Rylie was so cute and woke me up asking me "what kind of party do you want?" She always makes someone feel so special on their birthday and called me "birthday girl" all day!


Fri, Jan 10 Remy and I returned to MOPS! I'd found this outfit on clearance last week for $15 total and made a bow last-minute. She just looked so grown up!


That evening we dropped the girls off at Mimi's and David took me out for a birthday dinner.

Love me some PF Chang's!

Then we roamed around Half Price Books for awhile lol I love that store! I found a few treasures there.

Sat, Jan 11 we picked up the girls and went to our friend's going away party. They're moving to Tokyo tomorrow!! :'( Melinda is such a great person and sweet friend. She was my MOPS table leader the year I had Remy. She's really been there for me on some rough days. I'm really going to miss her! She also lived just a few streets away so I'm bummed I cant just meet up last-minute anymore.

Rylie and Melinda's daughter Allison were sweet friends and loved to play together. So I knew Rylie would want to be there Saturday night. Cant believe how fast it's all happened with their transfer, and home selling, and heading out. Hopefully they'll be back someday!


Sun, Jan 12 the girls looked so pretty dressed for church.

That night some girlfriends took me out for a girls' night birthday dinner at my choice-Cheddars! See the Dunkin Donuts box I'm holding? One of the ladies gave it to me as a gift.....

And this was inside! Haha! It was seriously the most hilarious night with these ladies and so much fun! I'm so blessed to have them as friends!

This morning I heard Remy singing and looked over to see her sitting on the windowsill behind the curtain! Cutest little thing.

I feel like we're finally back into the groove of things after the holidays now! 


No comments: