Saturday, August 24, 2013

Our NOT Bummer Summer!

I cant believe yesterday was my last weekday, at home with both my girls, before school starts! Our last weekday to go by our own schedule and plan whatever we wanted. When I became a SAHM almost six years ago, it felt so weird to be home during the week and not at work. It felt so weird to not have to be somewhere at a certain time, and while we've somewhat had those days with preschool, it hasn't been something truly enforced the way public school will be. Our world is about to change in a big way!

Our Summer's come to an end and I just cant help but look back and think this was the best Summer I've ever had since becoming a Mommy. Maybe I cherished it more knowing Rylie was about to start Kindergarten, I dont know. To quote Rylie's new obsession, "Judy Moody" it was definitely NOT a bummer summer!

This is our recap of all the fun we did!





{Rylie read 56 books this Summer and got a medal for the reading program.}




{Remy did 1 day a week and loved it.}





{Rylie did 3 VBS's at various churches, all with different themes}






{We shopped for school supplies, clothes, and did Kinder registration and screening}






{We had a wonderful week in Maine with Mimi and Gaga}






{Rylie and I had some big-girl days while Remy was in MDO}







{I spent 2-3 days a week at the church for mops leadership and bible study}





{We had so much fun with all our friends!}



Thursday Rylie had "meet the teacher" and we're excited with who she got. Seems like a good fit so far. She saw her classroom she'll be in and her desk she'll sit at. We also bought a few cute school supplies to keep at home for "homework" time and the book "The Night Before Kindergarten."






Yesterday for our last day of Summer break I took the girls swimming.....for the first time. lol It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we got to fit it in. The girls soaked up every last bit of Summer fun there!



Monday will be here very soon whether we're ready or not!!
{I think we're ready though.....as we'll ever be!}






No comments: