Yesterday was Remy's 18 month checkup. She turned 18 months old Sat March 9. Only 6 more months until terrible twos! Yay! hehe
For about 2 seconds she wore the matching hat before heading out.
Immediately after they weighed her (which she was terrified to stand on the scale & had to sit in the baby scale), she kept saying "go bye bye!"
And tried to escape while waiting for the Dr.
And also opened and slammed the door 20 times while I filled out her development papers.
Then we tried to keep ourselves busy
Played "this little piggy"
Read a book
And Dr said I'm growing perfectly!
Here's her updates for 18 months:
- 25 lb (59.7%-an estimate since she wouldnt be still on the scale!) and 32.3 in (66%). (Rylie at this age was 22 lb and 31.5 in)
- Wears 18 month clothes and size 5.5/6 shoes.
- Size 4 diapers.
- Absolutely hates hats of any kind! Somewhat keeps bow in. Not a fan of hairclips much. But her hair is getting crazy with cowlicks sticking straight out.
- Loves getting her teeth brushed.
- Has to be distracted with something during diaper changes or else she wont lay back flat. Hates getting clothes changed/dressed. Hates wearing socks. Is obsessed with flower sandals.
- Fighting nap and bedtime. Climbed out of crib once on Mon, Mar 11. We've ordered blackout curtains to help with naps hopefully. Has to sleep with lovey, kitty, and baby doll and blanket. Napping 1-2 times a day totaling about 3 hrs. Sleeps 830pm to 730 or 8am.
- Says mama, dada, mimi, gaga, ry-die, sister, no, wow, woah, uh oh, ball, baby, bow, bye bye, night night, mo (more), shoe, nose, eye, gank oooo (thank you), pease, mow (mouth), wah (water), heyyow (hello), nana (banana)....
- Great eater! Breakfast-banana, yogurt, blueberry waffle with milk. Lunch-turkey cheese sandwich or mac n cheese or chicken nuggets or hot dog (corndog), goldfish, raisins, strawberries. Dinner-whatever were eating usually with applesauce and now loves apple slices.
- Loves to give hugs! Especially Rylie! Without even being asked, she hugs Rylie probably 5 times a day.
- Tantrums/meltdowns have begun!
- Sings her Kindermusik songs "it's our time (hello song)" and "bow wow wow"
- Loves riding in her pink car and waving to everyone she sees like she's in a parade.
- Points to her eye, nose, ear, hair, mouth on request.
That's all I can think of right now!