Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gathering of Thanks

We had a pretty great Thanksgiving at our house again this year.
 
Rylie was excited to see Santa in the parade.

David's mom brought some yummy appetizers!

And a surprise for us girls-matching Christmas aprons! Cant wait to start baking in them!

Quick family picture after Remy's nap

Mimi, Gaga, and uncle Daniel came over and played outside with the girls

I've worked so hard this week decorating our dining room table for Thanksgiving! I love how it turned out!

Finally our turkey is ready! David's icing his finger that he burned =(

Green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes!

Cornbread stuffing/dressing

Homemade cranberry sauce

Kings Hawaiian rolls and wine! Yummo!

A little birdy was eager to eat and watched Mimi closely cutting the turkey!

We had some great dessert too. I made a Pumpkin Walnut Pie and Caramel Pecan Pie both from scratch yesterday and they came out sooo good! Uncle Daniel brought the girls chocolate chip cookies and I picked up a carrote bundt cake for David. We had a great gathering and are so worn out. I'm feeling like I'm starting to get sick so not sure I'll make black friday shopping this year =(
 
This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for my 5 senses so I can see my beautiful girls and handsome husband, hear them laugh and say I LOVE YOU, feel their warm hugs, taste the yummy food we're so blessed to have, and smell the sweet Autumn scents and the sweet smell of my girls. I love my family and all that we have and all who's in our lives. Hope your Thanksgiving was amazing!

No comments: