Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rylie's Almost 5....Update Time

I've tried taking cutesy photos of Rylie lately and she hasnt cooperated so no photos! But here's some updates I want to remember of our big girl right now. I've been working on this for a month.

  • First off, I have to say she's such a good big sister! Truly loves Remy so much. Not so much a fan when she's grabbing her coloring pictures or getting into her things. But Rylie's really sad when Remy's not around (ie at Mimi's alone, Remy's napping, etc).
  • Rylie just has the sweetest heart. We've always known this. She truly cares about other people and prays for those in need. She has great sympathy for those hurt or sad.
  • She loves her school. She goes MWF now and talks a lot about going to "big school" next year.
  • She has gotten better about eating after being a picky, tiny eater for the past 4+ years. Now she whines all day "I'm still hungry!" But mostly she wants to snack on junk all day, which I wont let her do! And even if she says she's full and wont finish her meal, I tell her "ok, dont say you're hungry in an hour." And she say's "I wont say that." Sure enough, 20 min later...."I'm still hungry!"
  • Favorite food right now is Chicken Pot Pie. Asks for it every night.
  • Her favorite veggies to eat are green beans, raw carrots with ranch, cucumber slices with ranch, cooked edamame (I tried shelled pods and she wouldnt eat them), raw broccoli with ranch, and celery with ranch or peanut butter. She also loves salad with ranch (no radishes)
  • Her favorite fruits are apple (she'll eat a whole red one plain and simple!), mandarin oranges, bananas, purple (or black) grapes, raisins, and sometimes peaches and pears. She loves almost any fruit jelly.
  • Started back on naps. I make her lay down every afternoon about 2 or 230 non school days and when she gets home at 245 on school days. Helps her to not be a bear at dinner time!
  • She's quite a character still. She's really into Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen movies (older ones where they're little) and dressing the same as someone else to "be twins." She also loves the Casper Meets Wendy movie with Hilary Duff and runs around in a red cape with a black "magic wand" we found at the dollar store.
  • OMG does she talk a lot! Never stops. It's so exhausting. She still asks a million questions daily. "How do you spell ____?" or "What does this color and this color mix together into?"
  • Pretty good at basic math. Knows a lot of what plus what equals. No subtraction yet.
  • Still colors a lot! She's moved onto colored pencils. After getting mad at crayons for going flat and not staying in the lines, she went through several packs of markers that dried up, now she's happy with the pencils and sharpener! I'm not kidding when I say she colors probably 10-15 pictures a day.
  • She's a pretty big whiner right now and I think it's just the age. Every little booboo gets a huge crying meltdown and she's a tattle teller lately. "So and so went first on the slide and I was supposed to go first!" or "Remy's trying to get me!" Blah.
  • She will play with anyone! If there's a kid, she'll play with him/her. Last week she said "Mommy! My friends are outside! Can I go play?" I asked who was outside and she said "I dont know their names." I asked how they could be her friends if she didnt know their names. She said "well, I can just ask them what their name is."
  • Cuts well with little scissors. Stays on the line pretty good.
  • Sings all the time! Makes up songs or sings songs from her school chapel.
  • Still loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and that's what she wants her party to be. She says phrases from the show lately like "oh fooee!" or "why does this always happen to me?" 
  • Some funny things she's said lately that I remember:
    • She calls Cheeze-its "Daniel crackers" because the box of them at Mimi's house are her uncle Daniel's and the name just stuck. She told us the other day "At school they call these cheeze-its because they dont know who Daniel is."
    • She asked me what heaven looks like and I said whatever she wants it to look like. She said "I want a sky and palm trees and New York City!" (NYC is from Eloise whom she also loves right now.)

VERY EXCITED FOR HER 5th BIRTHDAY SPECIAL TRIP COMING UP!


No comments: