Thursday, May 31, 2012

Show Us Your Life-Living Room

We moved into this house in Houston 4 years ago yesterday and things have changed a lot since then! So I wanted to do an update with Kelly's Korner home tour again. Today is living rooms!

This is ours right after we moved in-2008


And here it is today-2012! Sorry I cant keep it this clean during the day so I took these pictures at night. A little bit has changed. I wanted a new picture above the couch. Not sure I like then one I got recently, but I havent found a better one yet. I also want new pillows. You can totally change a room by just switching the accent pillows. But again havent found any I like yet.

But I'm staying with traditional, warm neutrals look. I like our living room to look cozy, warm, and inviting. Hopefully it comes across that way to others!

I'm trying out a look on the curtains with them pinned back a little. Not sure if I like it better or not.

I do love my candlesticks on the mantle. They're my favorite accent piece. Along with the big clock.

Course I also love pictures of my sweet girls the most too!

This is our new family display on our entertainment center. Makes me smile to see 4 people now.

Another view. The master bedroom is under the archway. The black shelf I bought recently to hold the girls toys in but it was so cluttered so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now. I also cant keep things on coffee table with mischief Remy on the prowl ;-)

The staircase is right off the living room. It splits into the kitchen and front door. Eventually I'd like to pull the carpet off the stairs for 2 main reasons. 1-it's hard as heck to keep the stairs vacuumed! 2-we seriously slip on them more times than we should. It scares me really.

I want to do THIS to our stairs. Ourselves. This is the Thrifty Decor Chick's tutorial on how to do it. I'm so motivated and havent stopped thinking about it since I first read her blog.

And we're talking about eventually doing hardwood floors in the living room. Do you think it'd be too much brown and dark wood with the furniture we have? Decisions. Decisions.

View from playroom upstairs. The 20 ft ceilings are nice, but not fun when a wasp gets in the house which happens more times than you'd think lol We love our living room. It's definitely a room we live in.

It mostly looks like this lately-gate to keep Remy on one side so Rylie can color on her table without Remy spilling (or eating) her crayons. And Remy has free roam with her baby toys and furniture to cruise.

Whew! Long post I know. Are yall sick of seeing my living room yet? lol Thanks for stopping by if you're still reading!

5 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

It's great to see other homes with high ceilings. We have a similar living room and it's so hard to decorate with such height. You've done a great job!

Oxford Impressions said...

You have an awesome staircase !!! Love it !

Anonymous said...

I like your picture over the couch, though it is a little small. When you had the grouping before, it filled the space better. Maybe you can find some related prints to add for a new grouping.

Natasha said...

Your living room looks very inviting. I think it's the red couches. If you got hardwood but then a lighter coloured area rug to add to it, it wouldn't look so dark. But I'm not a decorator :)

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

What a gorgeous living room space!
I love how you use color and patterns to make the space so welcoming.
I'm having such fun visiting the SUYL participants this week! So many talented bloggers.
Have a wonderful weekend!