Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Not Even Close

I'm not perfect.

I dont have it all together all the time....or even most of the time these days.
I dont have a home-cooked meal on the table every night....and sometimes not at all in a week.
I havent lost the baby weight from having my 2nd daughter.
I dont have my makeup done and hair looking great most days.
I dont even put effort into my clothes a lot of the time.
I dont eat very healthy.
I dont have all the right answers.
I dont say the right thing at the right time.
I dont have a fully decorated home.
My house isnt clean most days.
Laundry is never caught up.
I'm late for things.
I forget things. Alot.
I dont go to the gym. Or even exercise right now.
I havent read any books in years.
I dont have any really special talents.
Somedays we dont leave the house.
I'm not always prepared.
My car is far from clean.
I let my kids watch more tv than I probably should.
I dont even know what my "retirement" fund is.
I should be more educated on current global situations.
I havent a clue if I'm raising my daughters the right way.

I'm not perfect. Not even close. And I'm not afraid to admit it.
But I'm facing obstacles everyday and trying my very hardest and, right now, that's all anyone can expect.

3 comments:

The Stairs Family said...

love it!

~Shelly~ said...

Very well said. I am with u 100% on all of those things! Its hard being a mommy.. then u get used to having 1 and ur life is finally back in order & u have a good routine. Then baby #2 comes along! Things just arent the same & who knows if they ever will be- lol! But as the song goes.. ur gunna miss this! I think its granted that we live like this while our kids are SO young! Ive come to terms with most of it haha!

Tiffany said...

Just wanted you to know that a lot of those DO NOT MATTER but some are just not true of you! you do have a talent...invitation making..and you are damn good at it. and more importantly, you are raising your daughters just perfect...they are going to be wonderful young ladies!! Don't sweat the small stuff...have a great weekend. Can't wait for everyone to see the cupcake toppers...they all love the invites!!! Take care.