Sunday, March 25, 2012

Outfit Spotlight

So I'm probably the least-fashionable person alive. Dont get me wrong, I love clothes and I love shopping. But I'm horrible at putting together cute outfits. I like when stores do the work for me lol But every once in awhile I put something together on my own that I'm excited to wear.

My friend Brianna from pageant days is the most fashionable person ever! She's really great inspiration and does sporadic posts about outfits she's put together. I got motivated by these to be a bit more fashionable. I mean, it's hard sometimes being a SAHM and still trying to get my body back after #2. Jeans and plain shirt are my go-to. Last week I did dress up a little with this outfit I put together.

Yall dont laugh at me! I have no idea if this really "goes" and if it's in style or not, but I like it!

Target-light turquoise blue short-sleeve cropped sweater
Target-cotton long sleeveless shirt
Charming Charlie-gold and red necklace, earring set
(Jeans are big on me so I didnt take full length photo. I need to buy new ones that fit. Again.lol)

And Target red ballet flats

I love this blue sweater and also would wear it with a pale pink sleeveless shirt and chunky pearl necklace for spring. I just love this outfit with red accents because red and turquoise arent paired often but I think they look so pretty together and not as plain as white or black with it.

So Brianna, you're the expert! Please tell me how I did! =)




3 comments:

Brianna 'Haggerty' Cannon said...

Ashlee!!! You look fabulous! I really like the color combination in this outfit!! I think you did a great job pairing these unexpected colors. It's very functional but super cute, too. My constructive criticism is that I'd like to see you in denim that is more on trend than boot cut (Or at least something super distressed and not so clean cut). Skinnies would have been fun with this. Overall, super cute outfit! You layered, popped some color, and accessorized! Great job!! :)

Ashlee McCrary said...

Haha! Thanks! I knew the jeans would get me ;-) I actually have 2 pairs of skinny jeans I wear alot and they're baggy on me too. I just havent bought any new jeans because it's been so hot in Houston but I just bought new capris and shorts last weekend!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

I like it!