Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Grandma.....and Waco Visit

Saturday morning we headed to Valley Mills (20 min outside Waco) to see my Grandma. I havent mentioned on the blog yet but she's really not doing well. While I was in Ft Worth my dad called and said she'd had a heart attack and was rushed to the ER. After lots of tests they concluded she's only working on 10% of her heart and would not survive a surgery on it. There is nothing they can do now but make her comfortable. I almost got a rental car and drove down from Ft Worth last weekend but I really wanted to see her with my whole family and let her meet Remy. So I just hoped and prayed she'd hang in there until Saturday.

They've moved her back to the nursing home and she's on hospice now. They're just making her comfortable until she's ready to go. We have no idea when that could be....6 days or 6 months. But we knew we needed to go see her now and not take any chances. She seemed happy to see us and talked for a little bit but mostly she just wanted to sleep. We knew this day would come sometime but it's still hard now that it's here. Please keep her in your prayers.


While we were in the area we stopped by my friend Shelly's new house to meet baby Presley who was born last Sunday.

Rylie and Kinley were excited to see each other and immediately played dressup! Our big first borns!

And now our 2nd little princesses! I cannot even believe Remy was tinier than Presley just 5 months ago! Doesnt seem real.

Me and Shelly with our babies. Can you believe she had Presley less than a week ago? I look more like I just had a baby than she does lol So nice to meet you sweet Presley Kate!

After visiting with them we headed to my dad's house (it's his mom who's sick above) and had dinner and visited awhile. We dont get to see them much so it was nice to get together. Then we had a long drive back home Saturday night including stuck in traffic from a horrible accident 45 min from home! So glad we made the trip though. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

EMonaghan said...

I'm so glad you got to see your grandma!

~Shelly~ said...

Glad u got to see ur grandma. Sorry to hear about her. Thank u guys for coming over! The girls def had fun! You look great, I dont know what u are talking about!! Ive still got some LBS to lose!! Hope to see ya again soon.