Thursday, February 9, 2012

Circle Hair

Saturday morning we headed to the Woodlands! Love my double stroller for the girls!

So Rylie had been talking for a few days about wanting to get her hair cut "short like Madeline and Mimi." She calls hairstyles names of shapes based on how long they are. Her above picture is "rectangle hair." Mimi has short hair so it's "circle hair." My new haircut is "square." I wasnt sure if she was 100% set on this choice to get "circle" hair since she's been obsessed with Rapunzel and having "lot of hairs" like her, but she insisted for days and told everybody we saw! She was set on this and was excited to do it. I, on the other hand, wasnt so into it. I know it's just hair but I've just had enough "changes" since September. And whether I like it or not Rylie changed when she became a big sister. Not in a horrible way. She's just different now and that's because she had a huge change in her life. But it's already been a hard thing for me to accept that Rylie isnt the same girl she was last Summer. Now with her wanting to cut her hair short, I just wanted to cry "dont change anymore than you already have, Rylie!" But she's 4 years old and way mature beyond that. It's her hair and she needed to have a say in this. So after one more reassuring "are you sure you want to do this?" from Mommy followed by an excited "Yes!" from Rylie, she went through with it....

About to make the first cut! Such beautiful long hair!!! =(

After first cut. Yes I'm a sap and teared up at this point. Yes I know, again, it's just hair.

Before and after photo. 
She LOVED it after the haircut, but did cry twice later wanting "to put her rectangle hair back on." I didnt tell her I wanted that too but just it'll grow back very quickly. After getting compliments at school she's pretty set on it now. And I still think she's the prettiest little girl in the world!

4 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

OMG! She looks 10 now! Its darling, I think u will grow to LOVE it! Some days I want to do that to Kinley's hair but can't do it when it comes down to it. I love it tho, don't be sad for too long ;)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Aw, I know it's hard! But she does look super cute:)

Tiffany said...

Really so cute!!! I love it;)

Brianna 'Haggerty' Cannon said...

I love the short hair! I think it looks so polished!!