Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rylie's Birthday Celebrations

Last Thursday Rylie had some birthday fun at school! I tagged along in Chapel to see them sing to her. It was seriously the cutest thing watching them sing & dance & hear bible story & pray.

So glad I got to share this moment with her.

Cute buddies Rylie and Logan in Chapel.

Rylie was also excited to be the line leader this day. It was cute seeing her in her little world at school I usually never get to see.

Saturday was Rylie's birthday party! She wanted a "Madeline" theme party & asked for a "Madeline hat cake." so that's what we did for her!

We went back & forth all Summer between the bounce-house place 30 min away or the dance studio 10 min away. Rylie really wanted the bounce house place which meant I didnt have to coordinate anything, but it was hectic forgetting something at home and being rushed.


Rylie had a great time though & was the happiest little girl so that's all that mattered!

"Madeline" and all her party friends!

Our happy 4 year old after her party!

It was definitely different this year planning her birthday with a newborn at home. I struggled a lot lately with feeling like I wasnt giving 100% this year like I would have had I not just had a baby. Rylie hasn't complained though so I know it's just me. I'm just still getting used to dividing myself equally between 2 kids. Rylie hasnt stepped down from #1. They're both my #1 and I never want Rylie to have less than 100% just because she has a little sister now. They both deserve 100% and it's a lot of work. Especially birthday parties!

4 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

Glad she had a happy birthday! Did u make the cake??

Ashlee McCrary said...

Yes ma'am I did!

grandma said...

You did an awesome job on Rylie's Birthday Party. She loved it, that's all that matters.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

You did a great job! I totally felt the same way last yr....it gets easier each yr!