Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Granny

We were given very sad news today. David's Granny was in a bad car accident and sadly passed away. It's a complete shock to our family and we're so heartbroken. David had just spoken to her days ago and finalized plans for her to visit us again this Thanksgiving. I just mailed her Remy's birth announcement yesterday and I doubt she ever saw it.

This may sound stupid, but I keep thinking about last Thanksgiving, when she visited (photo above). I had planned on making a family Turkey where we each wrote what we're thankful for on a feather similar to this...
We had a lot of family visiting last year. I thought it would've made a beautiful, full-feathered turkey. But I never got around to it. I thought for sure we'd make one this year and was so glad Granny confirmed days ago she'd visit again. But today was an awful reminder how short life can be. I'll never know what she was thankful for last Thanksgiving.

I'm so glad she came to visit this past Summer (photo above). She already is greatly missed.
This is just the worst reminder to not take life for granted.
In the words of Granny, "If it makes you happy, do it. Dont wait on anyone's approval. Don't wait on tomorrow."

2 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

We're so sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers. The Carltons

~Shelly~ said...

So sad! I remember her pictures now. At least she is in a much better place now. We are all thinking and praying for yall. :(