Saturday, May 21, 2011

24 Weeks

**UPDATED WITH MORE PHOTOS**


We're 6 months pregnant today!
Pregnant in heels! hehe Have yall seen that show? I love it!
Well, baby is 1 1/2 pounds according to the Dr at my appointment yesterday, measuring correctly. I've been up 14 pounds still which is great.
24 weeks with Rylie. I need to remember to take photos at the same angle as these first ones lol

We got some cute photos from another utlrasound Friday too. They had to check her heart since they couldn't see it last month.


She's already flexible! Completely folded in half with feet up by her face.

Little foot! Looks just like Rylie's foot ultrasound photo!

Rylie's foot ultrasound at 18 weeks


Since the gender reveal party I've been finishing up our registry lists. You would think we dont need anything because we're having another girl, but not quite. Some things Rylie had have been recalled, or were worn out so much they need to be replaced, or broke, and there's a lot of new things introduced in the last 4 years as well. So I've been trying to catch up with everything basically.


For starters, Rylie's bottles from 2007 are not BPA-free. Apparently there was a recall in 2008 if you're not familiar with this and Dr Browns remade all their bottles to be BPA-free. I'm not really familiar with what exactly is the harm of BPA and the details of it. Isnt it only harmful if the plastic is heated? I'd hate to throw all of Rylie's out & get all new ones. Bottles are expensive! But I also want to do what's safe for my baby, even though Rylie used these & is perfectly fine. So not sure what to do on this...
Ok this one I just feel like explaining. Everytime I mention we need a new bottle warmer since Rylie's old one broke (and was recalled) everybody asks why we need one & says they just fed room-temperature bottles. We used this Munchkin brand warmer (above) with Rylie and LOVED it! The reason we needed it is because we used the canned, premade formula that stored in the fridge. We just poured what we needed, put bottle in warmer to get it to room temperature, then fed her. This warmer is also great because it has the sterilizer basket on top, so I could clean 1-2 pacis at a time fast. No boiling water. It holds all size bottles. It can also heat glass baby food jars, but we never needed it for that. Plus this thing's so affordable! I saw at Walmart awhile back they had a new express version that heats even faster (because 2-3 min at 3am while holding a crying baby feels like eternity) but I cant find it online. Hmm...


I also have been stressing tremendously (as in more than necessary lol) about the whole double stroller scenario since our girls will be 4 years apart. But I've already researched the hell out of it, asked a million people, gone back & forth over it, and I think I'm going to just wait until Remy's born to make a decision on that.
This is something I'd never heard of until the past year or so. It's an Angelcare Movement Sensor. It has an alarm that goes off if there's no movement from baby after 20 seconds-to reduce SIDS risk. Yall might remember a friend of mine lost her 2 month old daughter to SIDS. This makes SIDS very real for me after seeing everything they went through so this will provide a lot of peace of mind. This sensor has a sound monitor as well so it doubles it's use. They even have ones with video as well.


I've also been going crazy into nesting. I went into a gas station to buy David ice cream & while reaching down in the bin of pints I decided to organize them. I didnt realize how crazy I was getting into it until David came over & said "No nesting at the gas station!" lol Then I had to laugh. I got his ice cream for him & didnt even get me any out of all that.

Aside from all that (as if this post couldn't be any longer right!) I've been moving around slower. Baby has moved up & I've been out of breath at time. Heartburn has kicked in full-force, mostly at night. I've had problems falling asleep & then sleeping in, so I've been late a lot this past week to things. But I'm adjusting! Only 3 more weeks until 3rd trimester, can you believe that?!

1 comment:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Looking good! That monitor looks like a great one! I like those features.