Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blog Book & Big Sister Book

Early last week I finally started on a project I've had on my to-do list for a very long time! I published our blog into a book! A blogger I read, Lyndsey, talked about printing hers herself in December so I've been meaning to do mine that way since. And I did it all in one day! The site we used was http://www.blog2print.com/. Just type in your blog address, choose a template, and voila! Instead of paying $100+ to have them print it, I paid $8 for the pdf file and printed it at home. Then I bought $15 of page protectors and one $10 notebook to put it all in! Definitely worth the savings to me & it's nice to have it all done in one day instead of waiting weeks for it to arrive. This is just my first book 2007-2008 since I started the blog in Oct 2007. I still have to do 2009 and 2010. So yeah, couldn't imagine spending over $300 total for all these to be published. I'm really happy with the way it turned out doing it myself!

Front cover


Introduction page

Full color blog posts

Back cover

One big blog book! I think this was 270+ pages! My 2009 book is going to be the biggest. If you see on my Blog Archive on the sidebar I definitely blogged the most that year so I'll probably have to split it up & do half one day & half another lol


On Thursday while Rylie & I were home doing nothing because I didnt feel good, we finally started on her Big Sister book! I bought this at Barnes N Noble right after we found out we're pregnant. I thought it'd be nice for Rylie to have her own memory book of her becoming a big sister & things to remember after the baby arrives.

She loved coloring on the pages & answering questions for Mommy to fill in...

And putting stickers in there! She asks every day now to fill out her big sister book although there's nothing more to do until right before baby arrives & then after baby's born lol I will note though 2 cute things-On the list of things baby needs Rylie said "A Christmas tree." And Rylie's answer for favorite boy name was "Santa." We're still not passed the Christmas cloud obviously lol

3 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

I knew u could do the blog books but not print them out urself! Very cool. I NEED to do that just incase this one gets freakin deleted again! Very cute!

Ashlee McCrary said...

Shelly, that's exactly why I've been wanting to do this so badly lately. I'm so afraid mine will get deleted too! I tell all my friends what happened to yours & that they need to get theirs printed too! That was so uncool of Blogger or whomever to delete yalls blog!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

The santa and xmas tree thing is to funny!Your book came out great!