Monday, April 25, 2011

20 Weeks!

We're halfway there!

I'm up 11 lbs-yikes! But the dr said I'm still good. I'm just now at the starting weight I was with my 1st pregnancy, so I'm still happy about that. I feel like I look much further along than I am. I'm just not one of those girls who only gains a belly when they're pregnant & there's nothing I can change about that. I dont have good genes apparently. I gain everywhere & being short makes me poke out more too.

 The baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now and is about 10 inches long, the length of a banana. Movements have gotten really strong this week & we finally felt baby move with our hand last Tuesday night.

We did have a good ultrasound on Thursday. This was Rylie & I headed out with my Old Navy baby clothes so I could return the unneeded half after the appointment. hehe I wore the same shirt to this appointment that I wore when I found out Rylie was a girl.

The appointment went pretty well. I was such a nervous wreck about it, not at finding out the gender but at the appointment going wrong. Two of my friends had not-so-good appointments at this same ultrasound place so I figured that'd be my luck too.

We got a cute profile of the baby's head. Hard to see but there's a hand on the left side, kinda like the baby had a finger on the mouth like it was thinking or something! We were able to clearly see the gender and honestly it hasnt sunk in yet. I honestly dont think I like knowing. I feel like the excitement is kinda gone. It's just different finding out with the 2nd one I think, especially when you dont care what it will be! There's definitely happiness over hearing what it is, but also sadness over it not being the opposite-no matter what the outcome is.

Here's Rylie's profile picture at her gender ultrasound!

Rylie's been my little "police" lately. Apparently I've been wearing the same clothes too often. I walked out Saturday (after the belly pic shirt wearing something different) and Rylie said "Ugh. You wear that like two times." lol Then I was putting butter (a small amount) on my toast at breakfast & Rylie said "that's enough!" My little patrol.

We got the baby's crib in on Saturday & the dresser has been rescheduled for delivery Tuesday (so dont let me nap!) The dresser shelf rack is now on backorder til July but luckily it's not something we need right away.

And the gender party's less than 3 weeks away! We had to schedule it then so my family coming up for Rylie's dance recital can be here for that as well. Fitting it all in on one weekend!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

I've got to be honest.... I clicked on the pic of you holding the bag hoping I can get a better view of what color clothes you had in it. Unfortunately, I didn't:( I'm so anxious to know what you are having! Happy half-way!

Ashlee McCrary said...

LOL It had both girl & boy clothes because I didnt know yet which ones I was returning. I still have a pile of other girl & boy clothes in the back of my car I've gotta take back or bring in the house.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Im just dieing to know! But I do know what you mean about finding out on the sex. It's just different.