Monday, April 4, 2011

17 Weeks

This was all I felt up to on Saturday for a belly picture!

I've been up 8lbs this week but I will say on Sunday I was down 2 lbs from lack of appetite with allergies. No fun to eat when you cant taste or breathe. Baby is 5 inches long, the size of a large onion and weighs 5 ounces. (I forgot to post the baby info on last week's update!)

Now I have a 17 week belly shot with my 1st pregnancy & decided last-minute not to include it because I just look so awful in the picture. lol So I'll just leave you with this one. 

We were in the Bahamas that week & laying by the pool! I was barely showing when I stood up. My bump is bigger this time even though I'm smaller in weight.

Last Wednesday I had a normal monthly OB Dr appt. The nurse got the doppler to check the heartbeat & actually couldn't find it. She looked & looked for awhile & asked me with concern "You are 16 weeks right?" I was 16 1/2 weeks then. So the Dr came in & did an ultrasound to check the baby. Finally we saw it but it was from the back & still couldnt see a heartbeat. Suddenly the baby flipped itself over to look at us & waved! We could then see the perfect heartbeat & we just had to laugh. Little stinker. She printed a photo for me, but it's not very clear. I think she just wanted me to feel better about the worry we had trying to find the heartbeat.


The only other thing going on this week has been bad allergies! I've read they can be worse during pregnancy due to the nose membranes softening, which is probably why I keep getting extra drainage in my ear causing infections. I've been told to stay on Zyrtec or Claritin until June! lol We did book the big ultrasound for Friday, April 29 but we're still saving the gender announcement for our reveal party on May 15. I'm a little bummed I'm finding out so late this time. I was 18 1/2 weeks with Rylie & this one I'll be 21 weeks!

1 comment:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Sorry about your allergies. Hubbies is really bad now too. So excited to find out what you are having!