Monday, January 24, 2011

Preschool-Semester One

I thought I'd do a little update on Rylie's school progress since she's finished "semester one" of preschool. I meant to have this posted right after Christmas but time got away from me! I'm including some of her recent school work & art projects too (my personal favorite thing about her going to preschool lol).

She's started working on writing numbers & letters. There's a few she can write on her own freehand.

They sing this song about the sounds letters make. She can now say the sound each letter A-H makes if you ask her.

(I dont know why this uploaded sideways? But here's her beginning to trace her name back in October.)

She knows the days of the week & still sometimes wants to mix up Wed & Fri. She's learning the months of the year right now. She says it so fast it usually comes out like "January, Fe-wuary, March, Ar, May, June,{mumbling}, September, October, November, December.


She can count to 29. I say 29 because she gets to 29 & then says 20 again. lol Once we tell her it's 30, she then counts to 39.

She knows & tells us the weather outside on any given day. I dont remember when she started with this, but she just recently started telling us "it not sunny, it's cloudy."

She still loves her school & tells me everyday her favorite thing she did was play outside & play with her friends. She's still not a good school eater (they make the food up there) because they're very healthy meals (which is great) but Rylie wont eat wheat bread, so even if it's her favorite grilled cheese sandwich, if it's on wheat, she tries to pick the cheese off it.

Improvement on tracing her name in December!

She knows that she goes to school on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays and has dance on Tuesdays. And when she wakes up every morning she knows what day it is & where she's going.

And a few other non-school related things Rylie's up to lately:

-Started getting into Tinkerbell & My Little Pony. She's had both the movies since she was one but never cared for them before. I think she just likes having something different to watch. She still requests Bob & Ariel & Casper at times too!
-She's still having a hard time coming off the "Christmas cloud" & asks almost every day where Santa is & her Elf "Dina" and where our tree is lol
-She's a very politically correct girl & will not hesitate to correct you on something.
-She LOVES her Ariel pj's that Grandma & Aunt Sarah gave her for Christmas & asks for them every night. It's always "I wanna wear jammies Grandma & Aunt Sarah gave me!" =)
-I talked to her on the phone a few days ago while she was at Mimi's & she sounded sooo grown up! Does she always sound that grown up on the phone? I never know, I never talk to her over the phone!
-She just loves her puzzles & baby dolls right now more than anything! Oh & her Thomas Train she got for Christmas! Favorite toys right now by far. (Her police car is also top of the list but she hasnt been on it in weeks due to weather)
-We've had some problems the past few months with her not napping & instead getting out of her toddler bed & playing in her room. We thought maybe she was starting to outgrow her naps? Then one day I really needed her to nap so I turned her toddler bed around to face the wall so she couldnt get out. She went right to sleep for the longest nap like she used to always take & you know what, we havent had a single tantrum since I've done that. She's back to napping great & is a much more happier girl now. She's always done great sleeping at night, but naps were getting bad. We're going to transition her bed to the full size version of it soon because I think she's just getting too smooshed in the toddler size right now. I think she'll be happier with a bigger bed.
-I wasnt feeling good last week with this weather & after I ate dinner I told David I wanted to go to bed & Rylie came over & sat by me on the floor & said "Do you need something, Mommy?" I said "No thank you sweetie." And she just put her arm around me & started patting my back. It was so sweet!
-She tells me all the time she loves her friends, and school, and dance class, and family, and certain toys.
-She is just genuinely a very sweet girl who's considerate of others & loves to be a big helper! I'm loving this stage we're at!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Sounds like you're raising such a sweetie pie! Ans she is just too smart :) When are you having another ;)