Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kicking Off Christmas

Today's December 1st!
I hung this cute December calendar low so Rylie can be in charge of moving the candy cane every morning.

She was so tickled to get to do it "all by herself."

I held off until December to post any Christmas decoration pictures, so here's a few now. Rylie helped set up her tree & loves it. She asks every day to turn her tree lights on & loves to just look at it.

She also loves her new Christmas lights that play music! We bought these at Lowe's before Halloween & they have Disney princess pictures on them.

We also bought a new door wreath at Lowe's!

Our festive living room! We bought our first artificial Christmas tree before Halloween at Garden Ridge on a steal & love it!

Bought these new stockings on black Friday for $4 a piece plus 15% off that!

We also surprised Rylie with her Christmas lighthouse she's been eyeing for months! It was so cheap on black Friday so we couldnt pass it up. Rylie loves it! She'll just stand by it & watch it for awhile with a smile on her face.

Santa is a new addition this year too. We bought him at Lowe's as well before Halloween. He turns side to side & plays music. There's a Mrs. Claus too but I wasnt too into her. I've just always wanted 1 animated Christmas figure that plays music.

And of course Rylie's Elf is back too! "Dina" as Rylie named her last year is currently on top of the TV cabinet with the Elf book above the TV too. I'm sure everybody's heard of this by now, but in case you havent here's the website to check it out. http://www.elfontheshelf.com/

And since "Dina's" a girl, I made her a tutu last year. They do have skirts you can buy online though. I just had extra tulle last year!

I'm so excited to kick off the Christmas countdown officially! I just hope this month doesnt fly by! I'd love to just slow down this time of year & enjoy every moment.

2 comments:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

The house looks great! I wanted to set up a tree for Savi but I'm pretty sure during nap time she would play with it WAY to much! lol

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

The house looks great! I wanted to set up a tree for Savi but I'm pretty sure during nap time she would play with it WAY to much! lol