Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Cookies, Lights, & Giving Tree

Wednesday morning I spent baking Christmas cookies for our neighbors while Rylie was in school. We do this every year & I like to do something different each year too.

This year I made swirled peppermint cookies (above)

And chocolate walnut crescents! I'm not good at taking pictures of the finished product, but they each taste wonderful!

All packaged up & ready to deliver!

Once David got home Wednesday night we went delivering the goodies. Rylie insisted on bringing her jingle bell she got at the Christmas Kindermusik class. After delivering goodies, we grabbed a quick dinner & ice cream at Culver's. Then we drove around looking at Christmas lights! I took a few pictures of the prettiest homes we saw.




Funny story-before we left the house, Rylie was singing "Happy Birthday, Jesus" because we've been telling her Christmas is Jesus' birthday. Then, while we were looking at Christmas lights on homes, Rylie randomly pointed to a house & exclaimed "That's where Jesus was born!" I dunno where she comes up with this stuff! lol

Yesterday Rylie and I had a ton of running around to do-bank, post office, 2 stores for quick last-minute Christmas gifts, and Target for groceries. While we were out we also went to Ross & shopped for a family on the Giving Tree with a local radio station, KSBJ. Rylie's school is sponsoring 2 families off the tree, both single moms with a few kiddos & they need help with Christmas this year so several parents have signed up to assist in buying them gifts. So we bought 3 girls some cute outfits at Ross! At first I was like "why'd I sign us up to help with this? Three girls is a lot to buy for on top of everything else we're doin." But then I wondered how that single mom must feel doing it all alone all the time. So how could we not help? Several other parents helped out too so I think these families are going to have a great Christmas! There are still other families that need help too if you live in the Houston area & would like to help! Just visit http://www.ksbj.org/ and click on the Giving Tree to read about other families who could use some help this holiday!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I need that peppermint swirl cookie recipe please! They look yummy!