Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day Festivities

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great one. I've been fighting allergies all week though so I've been off the computer for a few days & we were busy getting ready for family visiting. I asked Rylie the night before Thanksgiving what makes her happy & what she's thankful for this year & she said "Mommy." It just melted my heart! I'm so thankful for my family!
Here's our Thanksgiving day pictures.
Thanksgiving morning Rylie & I watched the Macy's parade. I'm such a kid when it comes to this & love to wait for Santa!

David worked all morning on the turkey and homemade stuffing!

I set the table & made all the side dishes

I actually bought some Thanksgiving decorations this year.

After the parade Rylie helped me go through the paper & map out black friday plans.

Our family
Mimi & Gaga came over

David's Granny came down from Lubbock with Aunt Lana

And his cousin Amy also joined us with her son Colby. David's brother Daniel was also here. It was a full house! And we had a great time seeing everybody & eating good food. My first pumpkin pie to make was even a success. Ha! After we ate, we watched "Deck the Halls" to get into the Christmas spirit. Then Rylie went home with Mimi to spend the night.

David & I immediately put away Thanksgiving decorations and got out the Christmas stuff. We spent a few hours setting that up & then hit up Walmart for the midnight deals. What were we thinking?! It was CRAZY! Absolutely no parking. The deals started at 12:01 and at 12:10 when I walked in the door, everything was gone. So we came back home. I was able to order the rest of the deals I wanted online with free shipping. Friday morning David & I went to breakfast & then stopped in Kohls and loaded up on Christmas gifts at GREAT prices! There was no line either. Love that store! We finished all the inside decorations & cleaned the whole house before picking up Rylie from Mimi's. David put up the outside lights today & I wrapped the gifts. My goal this year is to get stuff done earlier so I can enjoy the holidays more.

1 comment:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

I'm so behind:) Love that Rylie is helping with the black friday ads:) Like the new layout also!