Friday, October 8, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Kitchen & Dining Room

I didnt participate in the home tour last week because I was just so crazy busy, so I'm combining them this week: dining room & kitchen! If you're just joining us, Kelly's Korner is hosting this home tour every Friday with a different room each week. You can view my other room tours by clicking on the link on the top left of my blog!

So when you enter our front door, immediately on the left you'll see our dining room!
The pictures on the right are from Kirkland's and I made the centerpiece from greenery & flowers I bought at Hobby Lobby.

I'm pretty sure if you've seen the other 2 room tours we've done so far & now this, you're probably wondering if I decorate in any other color than red! Haha! I promise I've got rooms in other colors! This room actually used to be done in navy blue when we moved here 2 1/2 years ago but I redecorated about a year ago. This furniture set came from Rooms To Go in Houston.

And just for fun, this is our china set in the cabinet. It's Noritake "Crestwood" in Platinum from Dillards.

And the doorway through the dining room leads straight to the pantry and our kitchen on the right.


The view of our kitchen when you enter through the dining room.

And the view entering our kitchen through the living room. (Again, I promise, I have more than red in our house! lol)

From this entrance, you see the breakfast table first. We just bought that wine bottle painting from Garden Ridge a few months ago. We eat most of our meals here & rarely use the dining room except when we host company. We love this table! It can be round as shown above....


.....or converted to square! We bought it just last year from Bel Furniture in Houston.


And continuing to the left of the kitchen.....we just installed the black dishwasher next to the fridge earlier this year. Much easier to keep clean than the stainless steel one we had! (Not why we switched them out though, lol the other one wasnt working properly!)

And more left view of the full kitchen (the doorway straight ahead leads you straight into the laundry room, the pantry's on the right, and the dining room on the left).

And further view towards the left! We love how open our kitchen is (coming from a tiny apartment with 2 drawers & no counter space!) and it's very functional. The only thing more I would ask out of it is a double oven (we host Thanksgiving!) but we're doing just fine with one for now. That's just something on my dream list!

We did recently install ourselves under-cabinet lights which we've loved!

So that's it for our kitchen & dining room this week! Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

Lori McKinzie said...

I love your cabnits and the wal tile. Very Pretty.

~SHO~ said...

Great kitchen! LOVE all of the cabinet space you have. Great floorplan & kitchen island!

Blessings~
S
QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

Tamar SB said...

What a great cabinet color! It looks so nice and welcoming!

Love your china too!

Tamar

Heather said...

I love your kitchen, it is so open and spacious!! I love how you have stairs coming down there, easy access for the kids. Your eating area is too cute!!

Katie A. said...

Love the kitchen! I must ask where you got your bar stools from? I love those and I'm needing some for my kitchen! Also, how hard were the under cabinet lights to install? My husband and I are wanting to do that in our kitchen, but I'm so worried it's going to end up being a bigger job than expected or that we'll mess up our cabinets, ha!

Ashlee McCrary said...

The bar stools were just basic ones from Walmart! The under cabinet lights were easy, they're just stuck under there with velcro strips.

Abramyan Avenue said...

Look at all that space!!! I'm going crazy over here! Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful!! Live the under cabinet lighting! Your backsplash... Everything is perfect!! We too have black appliances. Now I wish we would have gotten stainless steel but often thought about keeping it clean. Anyway beautiful kitchen! Love it!!

Wiz said...

I love your kitchen and dining. We want to do the under cabinet lighting as well. It looks great! And it looks like you have lots of cabinet storage which I love!

Teri said...

Your kitchen is stunning...and huge! I love it!! Beautiful cabinets!!

Your house looks like a model home!

Beth McC. said...

I love it and I LOVE the layout with all the space! It looks so warm and inviting and I love that!! Happy Friday!

Megan said...

I love the colors of the kitchen! It definitely says home:)

Adam, April & Aidan said...

It's so homey! I like it a lot!

Michelle (lemonadegal) said...

Your kitchen is simple beautiful. I love all the archways! The under cabinet lighting is GREAT!

Staci said...

Very pretty. Looks very warm and homey. The cabinets are a beautiful finish.

http://camachohouse.blogspot.com/

Miranda said...

I love how open and bright it is! Beautiful!

Traci said...

Pretty! I like all the arches in your house. I've used red to decorate throughout my house too. I like it to flow!!!

Ruth said...

Beautiful kitchen

Ashley said...

So cute! And love the wine picture in the breakfast room! Sassy!

Bekah said...

I see we have more in common than just the love of coffee! I am glad I don't live closer to a Kirkland's or I'd be BANKRUPT!!! :) I do love your beautiful home - great character! And my fave is that sweet table that converts from round to square. TOO CUTE!!!

Shoshanah said...

Your little breakfast area is so cute! I think it's fun how the table converts like that, and I love the wine bottle painting that's hanging behind it.

And we must think alike, because I also wound up combining my dinning room & living room tour this week.

Angie said...

I love your arched doorways and the dark cabinets. Very beautiful!

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I love that you have the stairs off of the kitchen!

Nikki Scanlon said...

I really like your cupboards and the backsplash! Thanks for sharing!!!


http://reddirtroads.blogspot.com/

Mom2One said...

I've totally been wanting lighting under our cabinets. Any secrets you can shair?? Your kitchen is gorgeous btw!

Lori said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my kitchen! If you cook, you can move right on in!!! LOL! Although I'm not sure why you'd want to...yours is beautiful as well!

Karen At Home said...

Hi there, stopping by from Kelly's Korner! I love the open feel of your kitchen, it's beautiful!

Karen

Henna @ AboutCabinets Blog said...

beautiful kitchen and dining area, the open space looks very good and gives room for movement, i really like the cabinet designs especially the hutch in the background