Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Last Library Day & A Sewing Project

Today was our last Wednesday at the library! None of Rylie's buddies could make it with us, but Rylie was really excited to go so we still went alone. She just enjoys it so much & was happy to go today.

They sang their usual songs, all of her favorites.


Then they read 2 stories. The library was pretty empty today compared to the last few weeks. We've had really dry, cold weather lately (as in 40's-50's at night but low 80's during the day) and lots of people have been coming down with colds/allergies due to it. So I think that's why it was empty today.

After the stories they did a craft today. The stories were about clouds making shapes of things, so they each made cloud art on paper!

Rylie did the whole thing all by herself & loved it.

Her masterpiece.
Then the storyteller came by with blue glitter cotton balls so Rylie had to add a few more.

Then we read a few books in the main library part & met our friends Sharon & Raegan for lunch "with the cow" again. The library has this same storytime on Thursdays so we might join that group when we switch school schedules next week.

I've been working on a sewing project the past 2 days that I'm excited about. I'd found this cute pumpkin outfit on etsy awhile back that I just loved but I didnt want to pay $50 for it just for pumpkin patch pictures. So I've convinced myself I could turn the shirt into a dress & make it myself! Now I've never had a sewing class before & this is the first actual clothing outfit I've attempted to sew (as opposed to just fixing holes & sewing ribbon onto things in the past) but I think I did a pretty good job for my first go at this!



The dress I made yesterday! I've still got to trim up the bottom & I'm going to sew a cute pumpkin on the front today. Hopefully I can make it at least close to the one on etsy! lol I'll be sure to post the finished product when I'm done.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Good job on the dress! And I love how you take Rylie to all those fun things like storytime at the library. She will always remember it.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Looks great! Did you use a sewing machine or did you just sew by hand?

Ashlee McCrary said...

Thanks yall! I did use my sewing machine for the dress!