Friday, September 24, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Master Bedroom

Welcome back for another week of home touring from Kelly's Korner! This week she's doing a tour of master bedrooms. Nothing's changed in ours since we moved here over 2 years ago, but I've taken better pictures!

This is our little niche in our master bedroom entry where we have wedding pictures displayed. Our master is on the 1st floor right off the living room.

This is entering the room & turning slightly to the right. I love our master bedroom furniture. We bought it at Gallery Furniture in Houston 2 years ago. It's solid wood, great warranty, & we plan to keep it forever.

Closeup of the bed & nightstands. We were a little hesitant to get a high headboard, but we love it! One less expensive artwork to buy to hang over it! lol The 2 lamps on the nightstands came from Walmart believe it or not-shades & all.

A closeup of the bedding. We bought it on clearance at Dillards 2 years ago. 

I love my nightstand. My alarm clock has 6 nature sounds on it which I'm obsessed with! I love being able to hear rain whenever I want. lol And that's my pile of MOPS papers, day planner, & a few books I'm trying to finish.

A side view of the entire room taken from the master bathroom (which I'll save that for when Kelly does a big bathroom tour later!)

The armoire which holds our TV, cable box, DVD player & my dresser.

In front of our window right now is Rylie's little coloring table & chairs. We move this table & chair set around the house sometimes. She'll sit here in our room & color while I'm getting ready in the morning or sometimes it's in the living room while I'm cooking, etc. We bought it at Toys R Us.

And this window is also a direct view of our backyard which I'll really love when Rylie gets older & can play on her own back there. I can just fold clothes & keep in eye on her.

So there's our tour this week! I'm really having fun doing this & getting to see lots of other homes too!

20 comments:

~SHO~ said...

Pretty! LOVE that headboard :)

Heather said...

It's beautiful! I love your furniture and the bedding really pops with great color!!

John and Riley said...

What a beautiful room you have! I love the colors - so warm and cozy. I love your daughter's name too - my name is also Riley, but spelled differently. Thanks for sharing :)

Carolina Carters said...

Your bedroom is so pretty! I LOVE the niche in your entryway...and the vaulted ceilings...so, so pretty!

I'm your newest follower. :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful! The first thing that I noticed was the gorgeous, solid furniture. Definitely lifetime pieces. Enjoy your space!

Holly Girl said...

I love the color of your bedding! So beautiful. Thanks for sharing your room!

His Doorkeeper said...

Ashlee, Very neat and beautiful warm bedroom! Very well done!
Blessings to you and your family!

Liz said...

The colors go so beautifully together in your room, just lovely! ~Liz

Summer said...

First off I love how you spell your name LOL....I have a Kelcee spelled like that and I always love different spelling haha

OK so I love the niche entering your bedroom so pretty and welcoming!! Your bedding is gorgeous and so is your furniture I have always been a fan of dark wood!

Love your bedroom, thanks for letting us take a peak

have a great weekend
xoxo
Summer :0)

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I love the little niche as you walk in...I want one of those one day! The big window is also great to let in so much light! Great room!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous! Love all of the colors you've chosen!

Somewhatcouture said...

Pretty! I like the idea of having something for the kids to do while you're getting ready!

Bethany at 3SonsPlus1 said...

Beautiful, rich colors- gorgeous!! Love the princess table, too! :)

Angie said...

I love it! It is warm and cozy! Our master bedroom overlooks our backyard and I love it! I can keep an eye on the kiddos outside.

Have a great weekend.

~Jamie Kubeczka~ said...

Very pretty! Love the bedding!

Ruth said...

You have a beautiful master bedroom.

The Pressley Family said...

Very pretty! And the coloring table adds a nice touch:)

Shelby said...

Beautiful! Love your armoire!

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

LOVE your room and your armoire is my favorite!!! :)

Renae said...

I love your master bedroom furniture.