Friday, September 17, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Living Room

Well, Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is doing a home tour blog again! She's starting this week with living rooms & will do these weekly for awhile. I've decided to participate this time! So if you're new to our blog, welcome & here goes our living room!

We bought the couch, loveseat, and brown leather recliner at Rooms To Go in Houston and the big clock from Kirklands. We're into a very traditional, cozy look! I was going to put up Autumn decorations early for you all too, but decided to wait at the last-minute.


One of the best features about our living room is the 20 ft ceiling! Definitely makes it feel bigger.


Just a closer look at the seating area. I love lots of family photos around a house, so we opted for a bunch over the couch instead of a piece of artwork. Our coffee table & end table came from Bel Furniture of Houston.


Rylie's little place is on her princess couch. It folds out into a sleeper bed & we've found her sleeping there very early in the morning before! And she's got that adorable "Books" basket there with her favorites. It was given to her by Miss Janie (her Mimi's best friend.)


A closeup of our mantle. I love to decorate this for Autumn and Christmas!


The view from the couch! Our entertainment center opens to the TV/DVD where Rylie likes to watch her VeggieTales. I love our entertainment center because it can be closed for a more "formal" feel when we're hosting something or have company. We also bought it at Bel Furniture in Houston.


And Rylie's little corner of toys. She has a playroom upstairs but I like to keep all the push/riding toys down here to avoid her falling down the stairs with them.


And this is the view from our mantle! Our house has a very open floorplan & our living room is the central spot where I can see Rylie upstairs in her playroom (top of the stairs) and her bedroom (off the right up there). The front door is below the big window shining in all that light on the left and the kitchen is to the right. The stairs split off & go to the front door & also into the kitchen.

We feel very blessed to have the home that we do & are so happy you stopped by to visit! I'd love to visit your home as well, so please leave me a comment so I can head over!


11 comments:

Beth McC. said...

Oh my stars I love your pictures! It so open looking!! Love it.... and the little princess chair is precious!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful blog and love your room...
Glad to find your blog...Hope you will stop by and visit...also my holiday blog is beginning to look like Christmas..

Veronika said...

I LOVE your living room! So pretty & what a gerat floor plan! :)

~Veronika

Mom2One said...

Your home is lovely, and inviting. I love the tall ceilings! We have toys just in every nook and cranie of our home. =) You can never have too many! My lil' guy loves Veggie Tales as well. I just love hearing him sing the hairbrush song! I can't wait to see the rest of your home. You can see my living room at www.swonderful2beme.blogspot.com

Summer said...

Wow I just love your living room! I love how big and open it is and how tall the ceilings are....so gorgeous....the red couch is awesome love it!! You did a great job in the decor department.....that clock is so cute....LOL at the princess couch um I am pretty sure my little one has hers out lots too....it totally makes the room :0)

Cute blog you have....

xoxo
Summer ;0)

brandy said...

so pretty!!! you did a great job :)

Cerys said...

What an amazing living room! It's so grand and so homely! I love the little girl touches too, it's what makes a beautiful 'house' a home! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to spend some time reading the rest of your blogxx

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

love it! I love the open stairway!

taley@honeyhomb:) said...

Your home looks beautiful! I especially love how open it is. I also like the clock above your fireplace. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Shoshanah said...

I love the clock you have over the fireplace! I've been trying to decides what to put over ours, and I think something like that might be perfect.

I also think the princess couch is so cute. I'm sure your daughter must love that she has her very own spot in the living room

Marlana said...

Your living room is lovely! I love the stairs and all the openness. So pretty!