Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week-O-Chaos!

Ok, let me fill you all in on what's been goin on lately. I havent even mentioned this to but about 2 people, but some might have noticed how extra busy I've been lately. Most of you probably havent noticed. About 2 weeks ago I just decided it might be time to go back to work, like full time & put Rylie in full time at her school. Her school just also happened to have a position open. (I have years experience working in a childcare center at my church back in Waco.) So I went to apply. Well, that job was just filled that day. The school recommended their other location 10 min down the road. So I headed straight there & turned in an application for their full-time morning position. The next day (while we were in Ft Worth at the time) I got a call from the Director of that school wanting to see me right away & sounded like if the interview went well I'd be hired right then. Well, I was in Ft Worth the remainder of that week, so last Monday I finally had my interview with them. I was soooo nervous! But apparently I did great because I was hired on the spot! It was a half-day shift though Monday-Friday, working afternoons into the evening as Assistant Teacher to 18-24 month olds. I immediately started training & completed my 15 hours last Tuesday & Wednesday. Thursday I spent the whole day while Rylie was at school catching up on housework, errands, & getting my paperwork complete to start work. Friday we left out of town. Then this past Monday I began my first day on the job! And then I realized it wasnt a good fit for me. =( The hours mostly are what's not working for our family. I dont get off work until 6:30 & get home about 6:45, only to see Rylie for a few hours before bedtime. What's the point of that? She was in school in the mornings a few days a week but then I was working late afternoons. Plus we were going to have to move her out of her school & into this other location which would've been a huge change for her. Additionally, all the requirements to work there: CPR class, fingerprint checks, uniform purchases, plus extra tuition costs for Rylie to attend every day now just wasnt worth it for only a part-time shift. I believe I rushed into going back to work too soon. So I will only be there until next Friday unless they find a replacement sooner. The ladies at the school were completely understanding in my decision! The school was great & the job was perfect for me, but it just wasnt a good fit overall.

So on top of all that, Rylie was supposed to start her 1st dance class on Monday morning. She woke up with a 101 temp though. After 1 dose of Motrin, the fever was gone by 10 am. But I still didnt want to risk it, so David came home early so I could make my first day of work. Tuesday morning, however Rylie & I both had upset tummies! It was so awful. She was gettin sick in our master bathtub while I was sick at the toilet next to her. NOT FUN! Poor David had to come home early again to help us out. We were both fine though by early afternoon. And her fever still never came back. I had to call in sick to work though. Today Rylie woke up crying & wanting me to hold her. She didnt have a fever but I thought we better play it safe & stay home from the library & go see the doctor.


This was Rylie this morning right after she woke up. I got her dressed & she looked pale. I thought she might get sick again so I told her to hold this bucket while I called her Dr office. When I looked back at her she'd fallen asleep on the bucket! Poor girl. Doctor said it's just a tummy bug though & she should be fine in another day or 2. So I've called in sick to work again (they probably love me by now, huh?) to stay home with Rylie since David cant take off again. It's just another day of rest & meds & pedialyte for us!

This week's only half over & we're already done with it lol

1 comment:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

OMG on falling asleep over the bucket. lol Poor thing. Hope you both are feeling better! Sorry about the job, I'm sure something will pan out if you decide to look elsewhere!