Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Do You Ever Have One of Those Days?


Ya know....when you've got a long list of things to do. Yet you just need a day to call in sick when you're not really sick? Yesterday I played hookie. I'll admit, I had a list of things to do including errands & laundry & cleaning. Rylie went to school & I decided to save my to-do list for later this week. (I'm not typically a procrastinator either. It's usually very hard for me to ignore something on my to-do list.) I decided to bake something instead. I love to bake from scratch & try new recipes. But I didnt want to go all the way out to a store yesterday.


Thankfully I had a jar of Hershey's Cocoa powder in the pantry with a recipe on the back! And I just so happened to have all the ingredients required. =)

So this is what I did yesterday. First brownies from scratch. Devine.

And I even had this in the pantry too if I really wanted to do some damage! hehe

I did take Rylie to our neighborhood pool after picking her up from school yesterday afternoon. We had a great time playing for over an hour.

I think it's good to take a day off & play hookie just every once in awhile. =)

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Ha Ha! I've played hookie a couple of times just to sleep!

Oh, and in response to your comment, yes the parade has the festivities afterwards. Every year we have to get the big red ice cream! YUMM!! But we do skip out on the street dance. Glad you enjoyed it.