Monday, March 29, 2010

"Mommy Cheer"

This morning Rylie had something for breakfast she's never had before!



Cheerios with milk-big girl style!


I asked her what she wanted for breakfast & she said "Nina (banana)" which she eats every morning. I asked what else & she said "Milk" which she also has every morning. Then I asked what else again & she said "Mommy cheer (cheerio)" hehe


The other morning I was eating cereal, cheerios, & she wanted a bite so I let her try it. She called them "Mommy cheer (cheerios)" and now she's a big fan of them!


I know some moms out there think cereal is just the worst thing to give kids for breakfast & that they should have a home-cooked meal every morning. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but we love cereal in our house too! And I really only buy healthy cereal-none of that sugar stuff. So if I take a break from making pancakes & scambled eggs or cheese toast every once in awhile for good 'ol cheerios, well I think that's just fine!


And this big girl here would probably agree! =)

4 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

Yay, for cereal!! That's my kind of cooking! he he!

Rosie said...

What are you talking about? Cereal is great!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

We also have that cute shirt Rylie has on:) Such a big girl with her cereal...I think that is just fine. Not going to lie, I may even purchase the sugary kind now and then! Cute hat too!

Ashlee McCrary said...

I know right! Cereal's awesome! I've talked with some moms who were so hard on themselves for givin their kids cereal. They feel they should make things from scratch every meal & they're so hard on themselves. I told them it's no big deal-cereal's something everybody eats!