Friday, March 26, 2010

Almost 2 1/2

I cant believe how fast time has gone since Rylie's 2nd birthday party! She's already about to be 2 1/2 in 3 weeks! So I thought it was time for another update on what our girl's up to right now. I've been working on this list for awhile so hopefully I havent left anything out! Oh & these photos are from Rylie & I at the carwash yesterday-one of her favorite places! hehe

-Still loves VeggieTales. She knows all the characters & sings along with the songs on the shows.
-Knows her ABC's. Some of the letters are a little mumbled. I'll have to get it on video!
-Favorite songs are "Wheels on the Bus" and still "Take Me Out To The Ballgame"
-Obsessed with stickers!
-Recognizes quite a few letters. Right now she knows solid A (uppercase), E (both), I (lowercase-she gets uppercase I & lowercase L mixed up right now), O (both), R (uppercase), Y (both), S (both), P (both), L (uppercase-she also thinks lowercase L is a 1 sometimes)....and maybe a few more.
-Her favorite phrases are "Be right back" whenever she's leaving a room, "All right!" with a thumbs up, "I like that!", "Uh oh!", "I have a little cough," "Perfect!", and she has her own "Knock, knock" joke she's created on her own. She says "Knock, knock" and we say "Who's there?" and she says "Rylie's here!" lol I've tried getting that on video but she wouldn't do it.
-She's started getting interested in Disney princesses. She knows all their names. She got a lot of their character things for Birthday & Christmas-the fold out sofa, instrument playset, stickers, play tent, etc.
-She's in this very impatient stage right now.
-She's very independent right now. She will not let us help her pull her pull-up (or big girl panties) up after she goes potty, or buckle her seat belt in her carseat/highchair, or put her shoes/socks on her.
-She stopped sucking her thumb on her own around January but recently has started again in her sleep.
-She's doing great on the potty so far, still in pullups but we're moving over to big girl panties now!
-She'll be moving up a class in school in a few weeks or sooner! That will be her class until she turns 3 this Fall.
-She's a nonstop chatty girl! : )
-Favorite toys are baby dolls & pushing them in strollers & "Mommy-ing" them.
-Her favorite book is "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" & she's got it memorized (video on the post below).


We are totally loving this stage right now! She only gets cuter & more lovable by the second!

2 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

Adorable! Please don't think I'm copying you. But, Kendall's 2 1/2 years old tomorrow!! So, expect a post, on our blog, about that........I started it 2 weeks ago, just haven't finished it yet. he he! Don't hate me! :)

Ashlee McCrary said...

Oh gosh no! I dont think that! lol We've both always done these little udpates so it's nothing new. I knew Kendall's 2 1/2 mark was coming up. I meant to have Rylie's posted a week ago when she was exactly 2 yrs 5 mos but time got away. I've had this list sitting on my desk for awhile now. lol I've been lookin forward to seeing what other things Kendall's up to lately!