Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recipes & More Rylie Video

Rylie has been putting her shoes & socks on by herself for almost a year now, but I still think it's so cute so I got video this morning of her getting ready for school. It's 3 minutes long so of course wouldn't upload. Click here to see it. She usually puts them on a lot faster but she was tired this morning! Anyways, I'm also impressed she gets the shoes on the right feet!

Last night I couldn't decide what to make for dinner so I used my "back up" recipe of Rosemary Dijon Pork Chops. It's so good! We only cook 2 at a time so there's no leftovers. Then tonight we reheated the other half of our Taco Soup I made weeks ago that's been in the freezer. Perfect for this cold day we had today! I was supposed to run errands but it was very cold & windy, so I didnt feel like being out in it today. I finally cleaned & organized Rylie's playroom closet today instead & her too-small clothes from the past year.
Anyways, I wanted to share these 2 recipes for Taco Soup & Rosemary Dijon Pork Chops because they're so easy! I think yall will enjoy them (unless you're vegetarian) =)


Taco Soup

2-15 oz. cans pinto beans
1 can whole kernal corn, drained
1 can cream style corn
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1-2 cans rotel
1 pack taco seasoning
1 pack ranch dressing
2 lb. hamburger
1 onion (white's better for this)

Just dump in a pot & simmer for 30 minutes! Top with shredded cheese if desired. We always eat half right away & then freeze the other half. Tastes very good leftover too!


Rosemary Dijon Pork Chops & Oven Potatoes

1 lb. sm red potatoes, cut into 1 in. pieces
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
4 pork chops (either bone-in or boneless), about 1/2 in thick
4 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 c shake 'n bake pork seasoning mix
1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with salad dressing in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high 7 min, stirring after 4 min.
Spread chops with mustard. Mix shake 'n bake with rosemary in shallow dish. Add chops, turning to coat completely both sides. Place in center of foil-lined 15x10 pan. Surround with potatoes. Bake 20-30 minutes or until chops are done (160 degrees) and potatoes are tender.

**We always keep a bag of Hormel individually wrapped boneless pork chops in the freezer, dijon mustard in the fridge, red potatoes in the fridge, & shake 'n bake in the pantry so this meal's a great "bake up" when I cant think of anything else to make! You can also just do 2 pork chops & smaller portion potatoes in a 9x9 pan. Same cook time.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Yumm! I'll have to try your pork chop recipe. I always have a hard time finding a good way to cook them. And taco soup is a regular meal in my house. We love it too!

The Stairs Family said...

Those recipes sound great! I think I might make the porkchops tomorrow night!