Friday, February 19, 2010

My Girl


Today Rylie & I just stayed at home & played & hung out. I just adore this outfit from Carters (hat from Childrens Place) so I wanted to get some cute pictures of her in it!



Hard to believe it's been over 3 years since we found out we were having a baby! Now she's our fun-loving, melt-your-heart, sweet little 2 year old!


She makes our world so complete!


Yesterday while she was in school I went to Home Goods to look for a bathroom step stool for her. I wanted a really nice one & found this adorable one that I love! It matches in her bathroom so well!

She loves it! I'll tell you why we needed to get this now....Rylie's been going on the potty for over a month now!! I didnt want to say anything until we'd actually had success. She's been doing so well! She started going at school frequently back in December but I wanted to wait until after the holidays to start full-force at home. Now she goes pee-pee in the potty almost every time, BUT we've still yet to do the "other" thing. She's almost there though! She says all the time "Pee pee, poopoo, potty, nomony (M&M)" so she knows she's supposed to do it. She just hasnt timed it right yet. But we're on our way!

So we needed a new step stool to wash her hands in her bathroom. We've also been using the clip on seats on the regular toilet. The 2 little potties I bought for her were a waste. And it's much easier for her to go on the regular toilet & have no cleanup! So her fancy princess potty chair I bought thankfully converts to a clip on seat on the toilet & then the other part is a step stool so we've got that downstairs & now this upstairs!

This big girl even went potty on the big-girl potty while running errands at the mall with Mommy earlier this week! I'm hoping we get this down completely by Summer, but we're in no rush! We're taking our time & letting Rylie do this her own pace & she's improving every day!

I also got this cute box at Home Goods to put her "dress up" jewelry in so she can get to it all by herself.

She's been "dressing up" ever since!

All fancied in her jewels!

I'm so glad you're my girl, Rylie! I love you so much & love hanging out with you!

3 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

I love the stool. I've been hoping to find Kendall one with her name on it. But, I haven't looked that hard! That one is adorable!!

Yay for the potty. That's on my ToDo list for Kendall too!! I kinda thought using the real potty would be better too! Why not start with the real thing, right?? Congrats to Rylie for using the Potty!! That's awesome!

Erin said...

wow! thats a big accomplishment! I'm so proud of her!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Savi has the same outfit minus the hat:) That is awesome about Rylie and potty training.