Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brrrr! It's Cold Outside!



We've had a bit of a colder Winter this year than last. They're predicting much colder days coming ahead too this weekend. Well I hadnt bought Rylie that many sweaters this year since last year she didnt get to wear them much. She didnt even have a really heavy coat. We've just been putting her in layers lately. But last night I decided she needs something heavier to keep her warm & pronto!



So I bundled her up this morning in like 1 of 2 of her warmest outfits (it was 25 when we woke up!) & she went on to school. Then Mommy was on a mission! Of course I was too early though & had to wait 30 minutes for everything to open. I was looking for a heavy coat for Rylie & some turtlenecks to layer under her long-sleeve shirts.



Of course you know it's the start of January & all you can find now are swimsuits! Ugh I hate that stores do that! I feel like I went to every single store today! I finally found a nice heavy red coat at Marshalls. It was 3T & only $15! So I bought it & then realized it was a boys coat. Well I thought maybe it could still possibly work, but I wanted to have a backup, so I kept on! Then I found an adorable pink coat at Macy's for $40-a little high but at this point I'm desperate! So I buy that in 3T as well so she can use it later this Fall too.



When Rylie got home from school I tried her coats on her. I think this red one will work just fine! I dont think it looks boyish at all. It's very soft & thick so it'll definitely keep her warm!



And I just adore this pink coat! She got so excited when I showed it to her & said "Ohhh! Pink!" hehe It also comes with a cute matching hat. So now my baby wont be freezing this week! I'm actually looking forward to this cold front & bundling up. Rylie's got a birthday party this Saturday morning & it'll only be 19 degrees out when we wake up! Yikes! At least now she's got something to bundle up in!

6 comments:

grandma said...

love the coats! THE RED ONE LOOKS GREAT, NOT BOYISH AT ALL. But the pink one is definely Rylie! glad she will be warm in Texas! hehe

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

The red one does look fine, but that pink was is super cute! It is freezing here too!

Rosie said...

My 7 yr old sister in law only wears red so my MIL always has to buy boy stuff for her. lol. It's her fav color.
I like the pink coat you got Rylie too!
And I hate this cold!

Rosie said...

My 7 yr old sister in law only wears red so my MIL always has to buy boy stuff for her. lol. It's her fav color.
I like the pink coat you got Rylie too!
And I hate this cold!

The Birkes said...

Woohoo its going to be COLD here tomorrow & Friday morning will be 19! I wish Kinley didnt have to go to school :(

The Birkes said...

Dangit that was SHELLY again (Im helping Jessika with her blog so Im logged in as her!)