Monday, December 21, 2009

Gingerbread House


We finally had some sunshine this past Friday after about 2 weeks of rain, drizzle, & thick fog. So Rylie & I played outside for a little that morning. I was going to get her tricycle out, but she insisted on bringing the 4-wheeler out instead!


She realized though that it's quicker to just push it down our long driveway instead of ride it & push with her feet (it's not motorized).

Then we were supposed to go to her school's classroom Christmas party after her nap this afternoon. That didnt happen though! She got down for a nap very late so we just decided to skip this party. We've had plenty party lately!


Friday night we decided to finally make this gingerbread house that I won at a party last December! (Yes, last year & this thing's been sitting in my kitchen cabinet until now! ha!)


I said this past Easter we'd dye Easter eggs-that didnt happen.
I said this past Halloween we'd carve pumpkins-that didnt happen.
But by golly we did a Christmas gingerbread house!!


I let Rylie do pretty much all of it herself I love this expression-checking out the frosting. She couldn't decide whether to eat it or play with it. Dont worry, I didnt let her eat anything from this set!


And away we go!


She had so much fun!!


Our finished product!


This was both of us's first gingerbread house to make!
We'll definitely have to do this again next year!

PS I still actually have those Halloween pumpkins & they're still in perfect shape! I dont want to just throw them away.....what should I do with them??

4 comments:

Rosie said...

How fun! I want to make a gingerbread house but I always forget.

Rachel said...

Love her little gingerbread house! This was one of my favorite Christmas crafts as a kid. Makes me want to make one this year :)

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

We started a family tradition of building gingerbread houses on Xmas eve! So, that's our plan for this year too. It's so much fun! I'd toss the pumpkins!! he he

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

That looks so fun! I want to do that with Savi maybe next year! No idea what to do with the pumpkins...prob gonna have to let them go:)