Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cookie Exchange & Church Christmas Parties


On Monday Rylie & I attended our first cookie exchange! Have you ever been to one?
Well I had no idea what they were before this one & lemme tell ya I was missing out! Basically everybody bakes a yummy cookie recipe of their choice, packages the cookies by 2's, & makes copies of the recipe. Everybody there then grabs 1-2 bags of everybody's cookies & takes home a whole plate of yummy treats with new recipes!


All the kiddos got to play & have fun....



...while the Mommies got to chit chat & sip cocoa! Um, can we do this every week please? lol



Rylie of course happy to see baby Maggie! (She seriously talks about Maggie all the time & thinks every baby we come across is Maggie hehe!)



Quick picture with Mommy!

And a few of my friends who made it!
I'm sorry I didnt get a picture of Susan or Andi before they left!



Laurie, myself (ah bad pic!), & the hostest Tiffany (due with baby Ella in April!!!)



My tray I brought home. Of course I realized later on I shoulda take all the treats outta the bags before I took this picture. Sorry! And I didnt even take one of my own bags home. Was I supposed to?



Later that evening David & I attended a church Christmas party for the church he does side work for. David's mom watched Rylie for us (happily of course! hehe) while we attended. We got a quick picture by her tree before leaving. Rylie jumped in there too. She's like "Here I am! The best daughter in the world!" haha

3 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast!!

Rosie said...

I LOVE that idea! I'll have to do it sometime! Thanks for sharing :)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Sounds like a yummy party! Can we just do it all year round, not just Christmas? I'm sure she is the best daughter every! lol so cute:)