Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Very Thankful Thanksgiving!


Today I'm most thankful on this Thanksgiving Day for being able to come home this morning & see my family & spend this holiday with them!

Almost immediately after I posted a blog update yesterday, they called me in early for surgery at 11:20am. I was so happy to get in early! They told me if I felt ok afterwards, since we were going in earlier, I could possibly go home last night. I wasnt getting my hopes up though! So I went back to prep for surgery for about an hour & then the next thing I remember was being back in my room afterwards. I had a roommate though that made it very difficult to relax (wont go into details, but visitors who met her know what I mean) so thankfully my nurse moved me to a room by myself! I had never been so grateful!!! I was still out of it for quite a few hours though & didnt even want to go home last night because I was in so much pain. But I did end up sleeping pretty good last night. Then I woke up this morning to my dr telling me he was sending me home! Yay! It took awhile to get the paperwork done, so I had to still watch the parade from my hospital bed, but all I could think about was seeing my little Rylie again!
It's been pretty rough getting around so far. I'm very very sore in my abdomen. Thankfully I only had a laproscopy surgery & wasnt fully gutted! I'm getting better by the minute though so hopefully by next week I'll be able to drive Rylie to school. I still cant lift anything over 10 lbs for the next month tho (so until Christmas day) which will be pretty difficult but I think David & I have figured it all out.
I promise I have cute pictures from Rylie last week that I'll post soon! I know all this wording without pictures gets pretty boring.
Lemme just thank you all once again for praying for us, calling, emailing, thinking of us, visiting, sending flowers, etc. We really appreciate it! I feel so special to know so many sweet people! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

I'm so glad that you're home. Sorry you're in so much pain. But, I know seeing your family & RYLIE has lifted your spirits!! I hope you recover soon. HOpefully we'll be all healthy soon & can help you out!! Let me know what you need!!!

The Pifer's said...

So glad you are home and are safe!!! I had a lap down with my surgery, my was really 'tight' feeling, made it very hard to move! I hope you have a speedy recovery! Still praying for you!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Glad surgery went well and you got to go home!