Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pretty sick


Sorry I've been absent from the blog longer than expected. If you've been visiting our blog & seen my Twitter updates on the right, you've known I've been very sick. It started Sat night when I couldnt keep anything down-not even water for about 11 hours. I came to the non-hospital ER Sunday morning & they immediately put me on an IV for a few hours. I got better & they were about to send me home when they checked my blood pressure & it was extremely low. Then I got a fever & my heart rate went up. The dr's were very baffled & kept trying to raise my BP. Nothing worked, so they called the hospital & determined I was septic (something they call someone who has a sepsis infection-a bad blood infection you can search it on webmd) so they took me by ambulance to the local hospital ER & then up to ICU. I was hooked up to all kinds of machines. They also did a CT scan & ultrasound of my abdomen. I improved on Monday & late that night was moved to a regular room, taken off all the machines except IV, & was told I could go home the next day. Well Tuesday came & the dr said since I've been responding so well to the meds in my IV I should stay another day for safety. Then the dr got my CT & scan results & found gallstones. Soooo he told me yesterday I'd have to have surgery now. I just spoke with my surgeon & it's scheduled as of right now for 2pm today. They're doing a laproscopy surgery, so the recovery time is fairly quickly & surgery should only take about an hour. They're still thinking I can go home on Thanksgiving Day. I sure hope so! I miss my Rylie so very much!!!! I havent seen her since Sat night. She's been doing great at Mimi's though & David's been working half-days to come see me. I couldnt have visitors in ICU but now I can. David took off all day today to be with me. Please pray everything goes well & I can get home to spend Thanksgiving with my family! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

So glad to hear that you're getting into surgery early! We're praying that all goes well & you're home for Thanksgiving!

Rosie said...

I can't believe everything you are going through this week! I hope it gets much better and like I told you on FB, I'm praying for a fast recovery & Happy Thanksgiving!

Malinda said...

Oh my gosh! I hope everything goes well and you're home soon. I'll remember you in my thoughts and prayers.

The Pifer's said...

I'm so glad you posted, I've been worried about you and hoping that you were ok!!!!! I am praying of you sweetie!!!!!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

OMgoodnes....I so hope the surgery went well and you got to see Rylie today! Praying for you!

~Shelly~ said...

That is terrible news. But Im glad they found an answer. I hear the surgery is an easy one so try not to stress too much. I hate that this all happened right at Thanksgiving. Take care.