Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rylie's 1st Day of School



Today my little Rylie started school! She'll be attending the local Primrose school on Tuesday & Thursdays now. She'll be going from about 9am-4pm, although I can drop her off earlier & pick her up later if I ever need to. This just seems like a good schedule for us right now. She was so excited when she woke up this morning & couldn't stop laughing! She kept saying "cool!" lol




When we first moved into this house over a year ago, I pictured myself taking all of Rylie's first-day-of-school pictures here by this banister. Then I can compare them as the years come & go. I cant believe I actually took my first one of her this morning!



And her new backpack all loaded up! We got her a new little elephant just for school naps so none of her current, nicer, more loved toys at home dont get messed up at school. Her backpack was too heavy for her to wear this morning! lol


And she did great when we arrived at school! She just walked right into the group & sat at the table & joined in the coloring activity! She even kissed me & waved bye with no problems! Mommy was the one sad about leaving! lol I stayed outside the door for a litle while & watched to see how she would do without me. She was being shy & quiet & just kinda watched the other kids. She didnt want to eat her morning snack, a chocolate chip muffin, which really surprised me! I'm really worried about lunch today because we dont pack their lunches. The school provides them & today is ham sandwiches. Rylie hates ham! So I'm hoping she'll still eat something. I'm pretty sure she wont nap there today, but it'll just take time. The school's already called me this morning to tell me she's doing great & participating well. So hopefully we're off to a smooth start!
I'm so excited this Friday they're having a Halloween party & even though she's Tu/Thu she can still go! The kids are gonna wear their costumes & I signed up to bring cupcakes! I've always wanted to be one of "those" moms who brings treats for the school party! hehe

3 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

She looks so cute & I love that her pants match her polka dot back pack!! Well planned out, I'm sure!! So cute!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Aw she looks so cute all ready for school! I can't wait to be one of "those" moms too!

grandma said...

Rylie looks like a "big girl" now. Can't believe she's already going to "school". Cute outfit for a cute little girl!