Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Remembering Ike...

I didnt mention this on Sunday like I'd planned because I honestly forgot between everything going on & the posts I had to catch up on last week. But Sunday was the 1 year anniversary of when Hurricane Ike struck us.
This time last year we had no power, it was hard to find gas, and we were coming together with our wonderful neighbors getting through it all together. We're very lucky to have such awesome people living on our street! It really made it all go a lot smoother than it would've been without them! My heart goes out to those who are still struggling to rebuild after Ike. Some were not as lucky as we were to not have any damages.
If you're new to our blog, you can read more details here about our experience during & after Ike. And I continued about our experience here and here. We continued to not have power for 2 weeks after Ike struck. I'm so glad we havent had any hurricanes yet this year & hopefully wont at all!

1 comment:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Wow, I remember when we were getting just the rain and stuff from Ike when I was in the hospital having Savi. I am glad everything wasn't to bad for you and your fam!