Sunday, August 30, 2009

Makenzie

I first mentioned Makenzie Butler back in May for a prayer request. I'm sure with everybody's busy lives, she has been forgotten on this blog. Well, I hope you all pay extra special attention to her now. Like I've said before Miss Makenzie is a little girl who just turned 2 years old. Her mom's in my mom's Sunday School class back in Waco. And miss Makenzie has been battling Cancer. She had a hysterectomy back in the Spring. And there was a time this Summer, after much chemo & radiation, that they had said Makenzie was going to be just fine. Unfortunately, she's made a turn for the worse. My mom called this morning to say they announced in Sunday School that Makenzie has been given 2 weeks to live. Her mom has brought her home to be comfortable & spend time with her family. Makenzie's in a lot of pain right now, so she's on a lot of medicine.
And again, she's barely 2 years old.

This little girl will not go trick or treating this Halloween, and she wont get to sit on Santa's lap this Christmas. She wont ever have her 1st day of school or go to Prom. Her mom wont get her ready for her 1st date with a boy or yell at her for breaking curfew. She wont ever get her drivers license or go off to college. And she wont get to experience all the little tiny things either that most of us take for granted....unless there's a miracle. So keep her family in your prayers, that there will be a miracle.....or Makenzie to be free from pain during this time.

You can read more about Makenzie at her site http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/makenziebutler


Thanks for reading..

3 comments:

Ashlee's mom said...

Thank you for putting Makenzie on your blog. It means alot to me and to her other "supporters." just keep her and her faimly in your prayers. once again Thank you!

The Pifer's said...

This breaks my heart, she is most def. in my prayers as well as her family.

Sarah said...

I just read her caring bridge page - my heart breaks for this family and baby girl! I am definately keeping her in my prayers!