Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Friday KXXV Visit

Friday afternoon our little family headed up to Waco! We arrived at about 8:30pm & stopped by the TV station we used to work (and met at!) which was right by our hotel. It was perfect timing as everyone was getting ready for the 10 o'clock news, but not too hectic yet.

David, Rylie, and I with the weekday anchors Ann & Bruce!
I love how Rylie's looking up at Ann!
(Ann hosted a baby shower for David & I when we were pregnant with Rylie!)

It's been so long since we've visited Waco on a weekday & could stop by to see our former coworkers! I'm really glad we were able to on Friday. That place has a lot of memories! =)

Rylie had fun getting into things!




David & Rylie next to where David's work box was.
If you dont know how we met, David & I were both hired at this station within a month of each other in 2005. I walked into a station meeting in the studio on my first day & immediately saw him & we smiled at each other. It was love at first site! He later asked a coworker "Who's that new girl?" and I later asked the girl training me "Who's that guy?" The rest of the week David & I kept running into each other in the hallways (we were in seperate departments, but both working the evening news). Then I switched to the early morning news & overnight schedule. So my first day on that new schedule, I left David a note in his box to call me sometime! He called immediately that day & from then on we've been together! He still has that note too!

And just for the heck of it, here's a photo of David & I in the exact spot we met at in 2005. This photo was taken exactly 3 years later, in May 2008 right before our move to Houston.