Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lubbock Weekend

This past Friday thru Sunday David, Rylie & I flew to Lubbock with Dave's mom to visit her family! This was Rylie's first trip on an airplane & she did very well!

"Yay we're going to Lubbock!"


I wish I'd never shown her those shades can go down! haha That's all she wanted to do was pull it down...and back up...and back down...


She got a little upset when we were landing in Lubbock & this lollipop made it all better!


In the rental car ready to go!


She loved her great Papa & Granny's puppy named Tiny!
She was pointing & saying "eye"

We arrived late afternoon on Friday & visited until bedtime.
On Saturday morning we had breakfast on the back patio in the cool weather!

Rylie drinking her morning milk on the swing


David & his Papa

Later, while Rylie was napping, David & I took that opportunity to run into town.
That's where I fell & busted my butt in Target! haha
There was a lot of water on the floor & no sign & I slipped & fell hard.
Here's my hurt knee...

(And FYI, Target called me on Mon to see how my knee was doing!)


When we got back we met Dave's mom's friend she grew up with, Paula
And then we hung outside some more!

See the pretty flowers behind Rylie that she "planted" that morning

Later Saturday evening, Dave's aunt Lana & cousin Amy & her boy Colby stopped by for dinner. Here's a group shot of the whole family!

L-R: Colby, Amy, Lana, Granny (Helen), Papa (Horace), Vicki, Rylie, David, Ashlee (me)

And Rylie getting ready for bed...

On Sunday we flew back home after lunch

Here's a 4 generation photo-Rylie, her daddy David, his mommy Vicky, & her daddy Horace!

Rylie ready to get on the airplane with her bag!




Thanks for having us over! It was a fun weekend overall. Till next time..

4 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun!! I would be so nervous to put the girls on a plane. I would probably be the lady with the screaming kids! haha..they would probably do ok. I love all of the pics and Rylie looks cute as always :)

Brittany and Charlie said...

Love the sunglasses on her!...hmm maybe Target should give you a gift card or something:)

Princess Kinley said...

SUE TARGET! haha jk!
looks like yall had a good time!

Anonymous said...

FROM PAW PAW AND GRANNY BOONE......

WHAT A DARLING, PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL WE WERE INTRODUCED TO.
WE CAN ONLY HOPE SHE WILL COME BACK AGAIN ........ SOON.