Monday, April 20, 2009

Already prepared

Yes, we went ahead & got her a little training potty while grocery shopping yesterday. We also went ahead & got her some big-girl underwear. We are in no way rushing her into potty-training. We are just going to start introducing it to her. I know this will be one of the biggest, most stressful stages we'll be at with her & I know it will take some time. I remember working in the nursery back in Waco in the 2 year old room & seeing parents stress over this so much & some kids taking awhile to get it down fully. I also know some kids still wet the bed when they're 5, so this may very well be something we'll be dealing with for years to come. We also know our child better than anyone & we do think now is a good time to just introduce this to her & get her used to the idea that over the next year this is what she'll be moving to.
If anybody has any polite tips or suggestions of things they've tried, feel free to post them!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

aw! our big girls! thats a cute potty!!! lol
our doc told me not to start her till she was 2. but im like shes already bringing me her diaper and telling me to change it bc she is poopie lol and she will come tell me when shes wet sometimes..not all the time tho. lol every doc is so diff. it kinda annoys me.

Ashley said...

Just remember to breath and have patience!! We have been working on this for a while and Avery will have her good days of telling when she has to go and she has her days when she doesn't want to take the time out of playing. It is stressful!

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

Awwwwwwww, potty training! What fun!!

That's on my To Do list as well. I read that it's a good idea to just have a potty sitting around.....until their ready. So, they get use to seeing it and eventually want to use it!!

I'm guessing that I won't be so lucky to get to buy Kendall a cute pink one. I'm guessing she's gonna want an ELMO one! Urgh! He HE