Monday, March 23, 2009

Saturday Waco Visit-Zoo

On Saturday Rylie, David, & I drove up to Waco for a quick visit. I've been very homesick lately & needed a cure! (Sorry there's a LOT of pictures)

"Yay! We're going to Waco!"
Three hours later.....



"Are we there yet?!"

We met up with my mom, sister & Isaac for some good 'ole Uncle Dan's BBQ! It's the BEST stuff ever! We even bought a lb of meat to bring home in case I get homesick for it again soon. hehe Then we all took the kiddos to the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco. It's crazy how I lived in Waco for almost 10 years & had never been there! Well, apparently everybody thought it was a great day for the zoo! When we arrived this is the line we were in just to enter!
Then we reached where that line ended, turned right & had more line to wait in!

Kiddos waiting patiently in line

Once we got in we started off with the big animals! I must say the Waco zoo had more of each animal in this category than the San Antonio Zoo & they seemed closer to us here too.

She thought the rhinos were so funny!

Elephant...



After a few more exhibits, we headed up to the reptile house. I love going into these! Rylie got a big kick outta the snakes!
Then we had to miss out on a few other exhibits & head on. Rylie was sooo cranky & tired by now & we had several more stops to make in town. So we said goodbye to Grandma, Aunt Sarah, & cousin Isaac.
Ooooo! An early Easter basket! Thanks, Grandma!
"Bye, Aunt Sarah"

"Bye, Isaac"

Had fun visiting yall! Hope to see yall again soon!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

We love the zoo. I have never been and there be a line like that! Holy Moly!

Becca said...

When I heard you went home, my first thought was, "She better go and eat some of that good BBQ." You're always talking about that place. he he.

I'm glad you were able to go home and see everyone. Hopefully you can go back and visit again soon. Being homesick is no fun!

Anonymous said...

WE ENJOYED HAVING YOU HOME FOR A DAY AND I HAD A GREAT TIME WITH MY KIDS AND GRANDKIDS.