Monday, January 12, 2009

My 23rd Birthday

This past Friday was my 23rd birthday. It was also 1 year to the day of Casey's funeral. It was a really hard week last week. I missed Casey more than ever before! I was also having some stomach problems that a trip to the dr resulted in just "take some pepto & you'll be fine." So I was excited when Friday came & I was feeling (and eating) better & was determined to have a good day!





First, Rylie & I decided to have a girls day. We hadn't left the house & done something just the 2 of us in about 2 weeks! Before we left tho, that morning David woke me up before heading to work & let me open my birthday card. It was the perfect card for me! I opened it up to read it, & he'd gotten one of those recordable cards & had a sweet message to me & then my favorite song played on it "So Happy Together" by the Turtles! Later at breakfast, Rylie said I could open her card. It was so funny even she laughed at it! Then we headed out! I had received 2 coupons for store credit in the mail at 2 of my favorite stores for my birthday, so we visited both of those stores & bought some small stuff. Then we met our friends Becca & Kendall for lunch! Rylie & Kendall hadnt seen each other in forever! Kendall had been sick for 3 weeks! We're glad she's all better now!





Then, Rylie & I stopped off at Hollywood video. Did you know they give you a free movie rental on your birthday if you have a card with them? I'm a dork & do that every year! So this year I rented "Eagle Eye."
Next, we came on home so Rylieroo could take a nap & I put our stuff away & started getting ready for date night with David! As soon as he got home from work, we loaded up Rylie an overnight bag & headed to Mimi's. Rylie stayed the night with her all by her big girl self while David & I had our first official date night in over a year (since we were pregnant)! Rylie did awesome & didnt fuss at all as we left.



David took me to dinner at Del Frisco's. It was a really nice place! They had a birthday card on the table for me. The food was excellent, the view was amazing, and they even gave us a complimentary 6-layer slice of lemon cake! It was to die for! I still have leftovers in my fridge after snacking on it 3 more times! haha



Then, David & I went to see "Bride Wars." It came out that night & was sooo funny! I knew it would be good, but it was even better than I imagined! Cant wait to own that!
Then, we went across the street to a wine bar to meet up with some friends. We were all so tired by then (it was midnight!) we only stayed 15 minutes & decided to head on home. We're gettin old! lol



It was soooo weird coming home & not having Rylie with us. I went up to her room & it was just empty & quiet without her. So I went downstairs & started getting ready for bed & that's when it hit me & I just bawled. I missed Casey so much. I pulled out my scrapbook & turned to the incompleted page in it that's supposed to be about her. I just cant seem to finish it. It's still so hard even a year later. It took me awhile, but I recently started wearing the Guardian Angel necklace of hers that she used to wear that her mom gave me on Casey's birthday last year. I wear it a lot now & think of her constantly. It was really hard going to that movie Friday night. Going to the movies was always hers & mine's thing to do & I hadnt been to a movie since she's been gone. There was an empty seat tho next to me Friday night & it was reserved! Growing up, she was pretty much the only friend who remembered my birthday & celebrated with me so many years! We always ended up going to the movies it seemed! lol
Well, that was my birthday Friday. Thanks everybody who helped make it special!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Ya!! I've been dying to read updates on the blog.....and see pics of your big day!! I'm so glad that you had a good birthday, considering!! I'm glad to have you as a friend as well!

The Pifer's said...

I am so glad you had a super birthday and like I told you yesterday I am so glad that you have such an amazing gaurdian angle watching down on you... :o)

I LOVE THE CHEERIOS and the carwash is tooo cute!!!!!! :O)

Sara Madalin's Mommy said...

Happy belated birthday. I did not know you were so young. :-) I'm glad we got to "meet." I'll remember you in my prayers as you deal with the loss of your friend.