Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's cold outside!

So this morning I got up & saw the high was supposed to be 47 degrees! That's when I realized Rylie only owns 1 single sweater, which she wore a few days ago. SO, I decided to take her into town & get her some more sweaters. We improvised an outfit for her to wear today-dressing in layers to stay warm (it never reached above 39 actually according to my car).
First, I put a white turtleneck on her with a long-sleeve shirt over that, khakis, and socks.

"How do I look, Mommy?"




"Mommy, you're so funny!"




"But seriously, how do I look?"




"I'm cute, right?"

Then we added a pink jacket & warm boots!


THEN, we added a warm hat & mittens!

TA-DA! Rylie's dressed!


"Where's Rylie?"


"PEEK-A-BOO!"


Lunch with Mommy-we're both bundled up!

"I'm ready to tackle any sale!"
(Look! You can see her 2 back teeth in!)


Shopping over. Snow bunny tired.

4 comments:

**The Allisons!** said...

That's really funny!! Those pics of her in layers with her gloves and hat are incredibly cute!! It gets down to 16 at night around here these days, so I feel ya on the cold thing! Fortunately, we lived in Nebraska when Kyleigh was a little baby, so we have TONS of cold weather baby items. :) We have this great snow suit for Kyleigh to wear this year and I can't wait for it to snow so we can try it out! I think we're taking her sledding in January with our church and I'm super excited! Blessings!

The Pifer's said...

OMG the 2nd pic from the bottom (where you can see her teeth) is the cutest pic EVER, she looks so cute!!!!!!! I love all your post, and I love her "prepy" outfit!!!! I am glad you are feeling better, I sure have missed your emails and blog updates :o) Hope your staying warm in this cold weather...love ya!

Becca said...

Rylie sure looked cute & warm!! I'm so glad you managed to get home with the coat, boots, mittens, and hat!! What an accomplishment!

~the mccrarys~ said...

Yeah, and BOTH shoes! I did, however have to keep picking all her accessories up from the ground throughout the shopping trip!