Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2 Years Ago Today

.....David proposed to me!

He took me out to dinner in Houston at Petranella's Italian Cafe & we ordered Italian Cream Cake for dessert. The waitress brought it out & my first thought was "that's a HUGE piece of cake!" (I only saw a side view of it as she was holding it) Then she put the cake in front of me & I was thinking "Geez, we're going to share it. I'm not gonna eat this whole thing" and started rearranging things on the table to move the cake more into the middle. Then this guy walked over to our table & just stood there smiling. I thought he was a manager & wanted to say something maybe so I just kept looking at him waiting for him to speak. Then I just looked down at the cake & saw the most beautiful ring on top of it!!!!! I looked at David with his big cheesy grin & he got up, walked over to my side of the table, got down on one knee & proposed! I said, "Are you really proposing?!" He said, "Yes, I am!" I also caught a glimpse of a guy at the table next to him swatting at his wife saying "Look over there!" and pointing towards us. I honestly dont remember if I answered "Yes" or "Of course" or "I will" I just remember agreeing & he put the ring on my finger, we kissed & the whole restaurant clapped! It was really amazing....
Thanks David for that wonderful night 2 years ago! It was just the beginning to our wonderful life together now-our little family of 3! =)

1 comment:

Becca said...

Awwww, sweet story!